Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've played versions of this game on several boards now, most recently Sport-Touring.net. I loved this board when I was active here ages ago, so much that I came back after a couple year long hissy fit and I don't even own and EX-500 any more. I'd like nothing better than to get something like this started here.

The gist of it:

Someone posts a picture of their bike and [something]. This picture becomes the "tag".
Everyone that wants to play goes out and tries to get a picture with that same sort of something in their own area. This is called "grabbing" the tag.
Everyone that played rushes back and posts their new "grabbed" tag. The first to post it gets the rights to set the next tag.
The winning tagger goes out and gets a picture of their bike with something equally cool or unusual, then posts it. This becomes the new "tag". And so on. And so forth.

The rules.

• All posted pictures must be NEW pictures, taken expressly to play the game. No file photos from 6 months ago.[/color]
  • Your bike MUST be included in the photo in some way.
  • New tags must be posted within 24 hours by the original tag grabber. If, after 24 hours, the original tag grabber is a lazy punk and posts no new tag, the tag is up for grabs and it's a free-for-all. The tagger forfeits their right to set a new tag, and the first person to post a new one sets the new tag.
  • Do not recycle tags. After a period of time, tags will need to be recycled, but keep it as unobtrusive as possible.
  • When possible, post easily interpreted tags. Tags like "A Police Car with a purple D.A.R.E sticker in the upper right corner of the brake light" will never be grabbed. "A police car" will be grabbed quickly and keeps the game moving.
  • If you post a picture that is not the new tag, or a grab, state that explicitly in your post in bold letters.
  • Post appropriately sized pictures. Imgur.com is ideal as a host. Their "Large Thumbnail" size works great, and they automatically generate BB code links.
Don't get hung up TOO much on the rules, especially interpreting whether someone's picture is close enough to the original tag. A fun PhotoTag game is a game that moves fast.

In an act of pure heresy on this, the EX-500 board, I will start the game with a picture of my Honda ST-1100. This was my last tag on the ST.N board, and it's good enough to start off with here.

Tag: Your bike and the grave of someone famous and an interesting gravestone. "Famousinteresting" can be a loose interpretation. Check here: http://www.findagrave.com/tocs/geographic.html

This is the grave of probably the worst president to grace the White House, Andrew Johnson.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I'm game. I don't have anything to grab it with. ...

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Damn it. I can see this game having me run all over the country...I'll play

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like the idea of the game but with the wife and kids and my business I consider myself damn lucky to get a few hours to take a ride on a nice weekend. Would it be acceptable for me to take the tag and take a pic of my bike and a random gravestone to get the ball rolling on this. It may lower the bar a bit, but perhaps get the ball rolling.. If so, let me know I will do it Sunday morning..

·
Registered
523 Posts
I feel ya Kenny. I'm the same way sans business. I'll definitely participate when I can for sure! When the bike gets back from the shop and its actually warm enough to ride that is. Oh and when findlay stops being flooded like it is currently. :mad:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ok, consider the tag taken.. I will get a pic with a very, very loose interpratation of someone's famous gravestone (famous to someone, albeit a family member, haha) and pass it on to the next tag tomorrow morning.. consider it done!!

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Too much talkie, talkie. Not enough taggy taggy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color]

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kennyp75 said:
Ok, consider the tag taken.. I will get a pic with a very, very loose interpratation of someone's famous gravestone (famous to someone, albeit a family member, haha) and pass it on to the next tag tomorrow morning.. consider it done!!
It ain't done until the tag is posted! Anyone still has a chance. That's part of the fun, not knowing if you're going to be beaten to posting the tag...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ok, misinterprated that. I thought you proclaimed rights to the tag and had 24 hrs to post that tag in addition to a new tag.. got it...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm taking the tag, so here you go..Not a great pic but lets get the ball rolling..

And here is your next tag: Pic of your bike in front of or next to a fire truck or if that is too difficult I will accept an emergency vehicle:

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
xDaveManx said:
Yes... Yes... I like how this is going.
Ill play, I deleted my posts as per OP and forgot all about it!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
1 - 20 of 454 Posts