Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

421 - 440 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ex500Chopper said:
Well I don't have any tanks near by but I do have two big steel dumpsters at work
chopper chopper chopper. Did you really try my brother? There are military displays all around your area. The home of the 3rd Armored Corps is less than two hours away, more tanks than you'll even want to see again in your life time. Redeem yourself, get out there and get us a tank!

I've done the Fort Hood to Austin run in 35 minutes on a 1987 GSX-R 750, that road was (still is?) built for speed.

I was all set to play along, had my tank pic and was going to take the new tag tomorrow. There is a special place in my heart for tanks, so dang nabbit I want more tank pics :p .

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
HAHA way to tell on him TK!! Thats funny! Alright yall race. First one to get the tank picture and a new tag to go with it wins! You can use the picture you already have. So TK, use your tank picture and go find a new tag. Chopper, your new tag can be the dumpsters(if you wish) but you gotta find a tank! Go!

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I waited and waited giving the brother all the time in the world. That time is up. :p

The Old

New Tag = MSF course, bonus if class is in session.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well, you have hit me with a hard one. don't have one of these nearby. thinking there might be one in huntsville though. plan on going there soon, maybe wednesday.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And here I thought it would be an easy one. The weather has been really nice here, so I've been riding at the beach mostly and taking a lot of pics.The problem is most of them are Florida or beach things, like sun, ocean, boats, girls in t-backs etc. I'm thinking with winter coming pics like that would be a lot harder for most to get.

My go-pro captured a sad one today. Train vs car on the way to work, cager was a fatality said the news.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Weather has sucked for us in alabama. Hasnt hardly got above 40. With all my new gear, 40+ is fine for me. I went riding on a sunny 40 degree day today. But no msf course here. And it looks like my riding time is getting this. Lows next week are dipping into the teens. I will go and find a new tag but im not going to be able to get yours msf tag.

Dang that really sucks to hear that. Have you went back and watched it??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, I watched it when I got home this afternoon. I was on the scene about 60-90 secs from impact. I see the train go by ahead waiting at a light but don't see the impact. As I came up on the car the surprise in my voice was noticeable "Holy ****, that can't be good!", as I see the car "HOLY****!" people started stopping and trying to figure what the heck just happened.

It didn't seem that long ago till I looked it up, but I was at the same light when the train hit a fuel tanker at the same exact spot. I think the final count was 10+ killed, most by fire.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1993-03-18/news/1993077250_1_gasoline-tanker-fort-lauderdale-fuel

This is one of two danger spots on my commute, I cross those tracks twice a day. The danger is just in the morning headed east and it is due to the design of the road. There is a traffic signal about 100 feet east of the tracks, this light impedes traffic which is heavy in the morning and people get stuck on those tracks all the time. The news blamed the car saying he tried to "beat" the train, this however is not possible due to the design of the crossing guards. The car got caught by the guard behind and with bumper to bumper in front thanks to that signal light that is poorly timed to boot, there was no where to go. The light is green when the guard goes down (by design), that doesn't mean however that traffic is going anywhere. I lane split the this whole part of my commute without a second thought, for my own safety. It's crazyville road design

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wow dude that is crazy. Are you going to upload that video anywhere? Id be interested in seeing it. I love watching motovlogs. But yeah that is crazy stuff. Some people just really screw up when it comes to designing things. Stay safe out there man.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My first gut reaction was not to upload it. After some thought I see only negative and no positive uploading it on youtube. It's also a reminder, not that I should be needing one, that I could be riding safer than I do at times. I was a little heavy handed with the throttle that morning, and while I could edit that out just easier not to post.

In my defense, I blame it on the CBR 600 that rolled up on me half way to work. Nothing excessive, but no way I was going to let "Nicole" breath in the exhaust of some nasty Honda, she's a proper lady after all.

Kidding aside, let's all stay safe out there.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Lets revive this for the new season!! starting it with a picture at college. the tag, is parking in a spot that only a motorcycle can take advantage of. these guys are stupid and can't park, but there was a plenty of space for a my little 500 :D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Re:

Bam! Me with my good buddy Derek! Though if in not mistaking, you gotta post a pic of the new tag. My new tag is going to be my bike with another bike. Which I'm about to take. Hold on!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Re:

Here is the boat launch. I was on my way home at night, so it's hard to see. But it's there!

And here is the new tag. Double tag, either your bike with many others (minimum 5 others) OR at a cycle gear. Either one works.

My bike is in the picture. But just barely. I wasn't planning on using it for this, but oh well. :)

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

New tag: Your bike with a sports car that cost over $80k new. Or a Porsche. Either one.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ooo... good one Mango. that one will take me some searching, if i can get it. somebody else grab this because i won't be able to till at least tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Re: Re: That Photo Tag Thread

This rx8 was the sportiest thing I could find in town today lol. That's seriously it.

And the new tag, is something Japanese. I chose to use my food I picked up today ;) but you can be really creative with this. Bonus points if you actually have a Japanese person in the picture.

I need to quit taking my pictures upright. It always rotates it like this lol. Hard to try to remember that though.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
RX8 doesn't count, so I got a Porsche (several actually) as well as something Japanese.

Foreground is the Porsche section of the dealership, background is the Subaru section.

New tag is a roadside toilet of some sort. Preferably something more rustic than just a standard highway rest stop building. Get out there and find something unusual...

421 - 440 of 454 Posts