This looks like it may be a fun game. We should get it going again.Ok...since we are off topic already....I owe one to this game. I was about to take a photo of a windsock last evening. When I got off the bike A blond girl...32 came running up to me and asked me for a ride as she had been arguing with her guy and he threw her out of the truck 25 miles from home....So I gave her a ride. All over the place LOL...we ended up spending the night together and we are supposed to go out sometime this weekend....Never did end up getting that Picture ;D
The girl Ray referred to in the post you quoted ended up being insane and he ended up dumping her on the side of the road, just like he found her. I miss Ray.This looks like it may be a fun game. We should get it going again.
And member @InvisiBill was the last "tag grabber" (almost 5 years ago)I've played versions of this game on several boards now, most recently Sport-Touring.net. I loved this board when I was active here ages ago, so much that I came back after a couple year long hissy fit and I don't even own and EX-500 any more. I'd like nothing better than to get something like this started here.
The gist of it:
Someone posts a picture of their bike and [something]. This picture becomes the "tag".
Everyone that wants to play goes out and tries to get a picture with that same sort of something in their own area. This is called "grabbing" the tag.
Everyone that played rushes back and posts their new "grabbed" tag. The first to post it gets the rights to set the next tag.
The winning tagger goes out and gets a picture of their bike with something equally cool or unusual, then posts it. This becomes the new "tag". And so on. And so forth.
Don't get hung up TOO much on the rules, especially interpreting whether someone's picture is close enough to the original tag. A fun PhotoTag game is a game that moves fast.
- All posted pictures must be NEW pictures, taken expressly to play the game. No file photos from 6 months ago.[/color]
- Your bike MUST be included in the photo in some way.
- New tags must be posted within 24 hours by the original tag grabber. If, after 24 hours, the original tag grabber is a lazy punk and posts no new tag, the tag is up for grabs and it's a free-for-all. The tagger forfeits their right to set a new tag, and the first person to post a new one sets the new tag.
- Do not recycle tags. After a period of time, tags will need to be recycled, but keep it as unobtrusive as possible.
- When possible, post easily interpreted tags. Tags like "A Police Car with a purple D.A.R.E sticker in the upper right corner of the brake light" will never be grabbed. "A police car" will be grabbed quickly and keeps the game moving.
- If you post a picture that is not the new tag, or a grab, state that explicitly in your post in bold letters.
- Post appropriately sized pictures. Imgur.com is ideal as a host. Their "Large Thumbnail" size works great, and they automatically generate BB code links.
In an act of pure heresy on this, the EX-500 board, I will start the game with a picture of my Honda ST-1100. This was my last tag on the ST.N board, and it's good enough to start off with here.
Tag: Your bike and the grave of someone famous and an interesting gravestone. "Famousinteresting" can be a loose interpretation. Check here: Famous Grave search by location - Find A Grave
This is the grave of probably the worst president to grace the White House, Andrew Johnson.
I'm now grabbing his tag.RX8 doesn't count, so I got a Porsche (several actually) as well as something Japanese.
Foreground is the Porsche section of the dealership, background is the Subaru section.
New tag is a roadside toilet of some sort. Preferably something more rustic than just a standard highway rest stop building. Get out there and find something unusual...