Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Quality stuff....i should have my 996 come to live with you....

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
next up a 30mm Mikuni from a Yamaha IT125 , lotta varnish in it

geomik1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Mikuni all done, sent back home already. Bowl gaskets arrived on the Honda Shadow so back to it now.

geomik5.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
^ I likee :D I might add, fine tuned all starts with clean as in "clean carbs matter".

These my next victims....lets see if I can put a smile on their face. Stay tuned the next day or so.

brice1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I got "Gomered" upon disassembly......surprise surprise surprise. Wow. Success, should run like champs now after some "attention".

brice4.jpg
brice14.jpg
brice18.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
These 2 fiddies refurbed today, nose to grindstone.

tm8.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
SV650 Suzuki/Mikuni carbs on bench for refresh today. Weird linkages. Couple of minor issues (dead floats, worn float valve tips) but will work out ok.
Contrary to EX500...these DO have removable/replaceable seats.

sv1.jpg
sv3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Suzuki SV650 otherwise done, sent wrong bowl gaskets, I await correct and these babies go back home. This discolored, varnished float valve stuck, causing fuel into crankcase scenario.

sv15.jpg
sv14.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
another 250 ...note brass tuning components restored to like new.

hod12.jpg

hod1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
yet another 250 done minutes ago.

Note to self......yo' jerkyboy....take precaution to avoid splashing blue loctite in your eye. Nasty stuff, painful...i can barely open my.....;)

eman2.jpg

133 Posts
Yet another 250 Ninja emulsion tube had more curves than Sophia Loren as result of gross overtightening. Thank you You Tube videos for emboldening those (who shouldn't) to go places that no man has gone before. The associated needle jet was gone missing, likely distorted, unable to properly fit into position in the body. Coincidence? i don't think so. I'm encountering these with frequency these days. Missing certain critical orings, those that were present were hardened, flattened, crystallized....the usual. Compensating for flattened oring/gaskets to prevent leaking, the float bowl screws were seemingly torqued to 96 lb/ft each, TY again YouTube.
Using salvage spares, replaced bent/missing parts, all consumables with new, split & full service, wet testing and adjusting...these came out presentable and will be 100% functional. A major improvement from what was given me...the owner will actually get to ride it again!

noah4.jpg

noah7.jpg

101 - 114 of 114 Posts