Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lookin' forward, here we go again. the "Countdown" thread somewhat a tradition here for us freezin', frequently snowed in Northern bike peeps.

-Dec 21 Winter solstice.....check
-Dec 25 Christmas.....check
-Jan 1 New years day......check
-January 18 Martin Luther King birthday.....check
-Jan 28-31 Rolex 24/IMSA series at Daytona (opens the US racing season)....check
-February 14 Daytona 500 NASCAR....check
-February 15 Washingtons B'day/Presidents Day....check
-March 13 Daytona 200 sanctioned by ASRA

Open comments welcome as we progress....checkin' em off one by one.

#Comeonspringdammit

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
not being an American. I have only one. sometime in March when it's warm enough to get the bike out without freezing to death. that's about 12/14 weeks away.

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
I'm hoping to be up and running in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
91 Posts
I am just twiddling my finger waiting on fairings.

·
Registered
2008 EX500, ZRX's, Vstrom, GPz's
28 Posts
Maybe not stuff for Spring "thawing", but something to put on your calender???

Coming to a city (maybe??) near you.......The Progressive IMS Outdoor Motorcycle Experience (Show). For 2021, all shows will be outdoors (think, under tents??). Here is their schedule:
Denver....June 18
Southern California....July 9
Northern California.....July 16
Chicago.....Aug 20
New York City......Sept 3
Pennsylvania (??).....Sept 10
Nashville.....Oct 8 (same weekend as the Barber Vintage Festival......Boo!!!)
Central Florida (guessing Lakeland?)......Oct 15 (same weekend as Biktoberfest)
Atlanta.....Oct 29

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Registered
863 Posts
If you're not already on the Kawasaki Demo list this may be something for you.

Sign up and they tell you when they're coming to a dealership with their demo trucks.

***Get there early...like when it starts early!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
It's funny, if I had the wherewithal (and fixed bike) I'd be riding right now. Seems to have been a pretty light winter this year here in Portland.

EDIT: Maine

·
Super Moderator
6,421 Posts
@ducatiman
I get a feeling we may need to tighten up the for sale rules.o_O

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For those interested Rolex 24 at Daytona start televised Saturday 30th, coverage 3:30-4:30 PM eastern on NBC network.
Coverage timeslots then vary between NBCSN, a special NBC app and (if you live abroad) its entirety on IMSA.com

The finish Sunday 31st on NBC again, 2-4PM ET

Temps in the teens here in NE, intense winds, snow forecast in the next few days, understandable this race season opener is growing in popularity year by year. (y)

rolex24.JPG

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daytona 500 about to start......wow, great to see a good amount of folks in the stands! And an Indian MC commercial on as I type this!

Good signs.

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
Just watched the National Anthem sung clearly so you could understand every word ,and no knees on the ground or fists in the air, and every soul had their hat off, and-thier right hand over their heart.
NASCAR may be the salvation of this nation

Fog

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With midwinter, snow/sleet/rain mix forecast here.....I'll take the AMERICAN Nascar show anytime, with no political BS injected.

Watching is kind of a tradition for me...the 500 usually signals about a month before weather will actually allow some riding days. Anxious to get ridin' here!

And by lap 14 the first major pileup! Race red flagged already.

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
Nascrap, what a joke, they should prosecute Mc Dowel not award him the trophy. the bump to Koselowski (2)then Ledono (22) was so deliberate it was criminal.

FOG

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
typical Nascar wreckfest

the good? One more checkmark on the list.....another 4-5 weeks will be squeakin' in the first rides of '21 every now and then!

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another good sign.....NY Yankees spring training camp opened today! Yesssss.

·
Super Moderator
15,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
March 1, viewing Yankees vs Tigers spring training/exhibition game from Tampa, about to start. An exciting time of year, won't be terribly long us Northerners will be riding.

·
Registered
524 Posts
March 1, viewing Yankees vs Tigers spring training/exhibition game from Tampa, about to start. An exciting time of year, won't be terribly long us Northerners will be riding.
53 in Chicago on Saturday. Got in a nice 120 mile ride. Weather in the 50's for the next few days, even hitting the 60's in a little over a week.

My riding season has officially started....just this pesky work thing is in the way of actually riding. :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Was that from the heat or the effort of sand-papering the sides of the tires to scrub off the crusty unused bits. ;)
Chicken strips were created in Florida!!!

But the wheels were turning.

Bike Week this weekend into next week. I'm planning to attend Monday morning. Weather should be perfect - in the 80's with cooler mid-60's in the early a.m.

***And don't worry, you can rub it in by July when I'm crying about how hot it is! 😂

1 - 20 of 20 Posts