Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^ If that were the case. Why would Kawasaki use that port for taking oil pressure readings?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
^ If that were the case. Why would Kawasaki use that port for taking oil pressure readings?
I have no idea what Kawasaki use it for. I only know it is not to be removed it's not a bolt but a banjo on removing it, it either breaks the banjo or the seal it is connected to, and cannot be simply screwed back. if it's not a problem why is it categorically stated in the manual to never remove it.
a guy on the old UK forum did on a new to him bike thought he would change the oil and mistook it for the drain plug.
ended up stripping the engine to put it back.

perhaps Fog could enlighten us he must have stripped more of these engines than anyone else I'm sure he has the answer.

·
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just found that part no you beat me there. isn't that the banjo bolt that requires a complete engine strip to replace because it breaks the seal on the internal oil pipe. sure I read somewhere that was the case.

·
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what Kawasaki use it for. I only know it is not to be removed it's not a bolt but a banjo on removing it, it either breaks the banjo or the seal it is connected to, and cannot be simply screwed back. if it's not a problem why is it categorically stated in the manual to never remove it.
a guy on the old UK forum did on a new to him bike thought he would change the oil and mistook it for the drain plug.
ended up stripping the engine to put it back.

perhaps Fog could enlighten us he must have stripped more of these engines than anyone else I'm sure he has the answer.
Not what the manual says.
Font Handwriting Paper Paper product Document

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
why the "F" do you have to keep doing this BS. were trying help here guess we should not bother. for the record you have the official Kawasaki garage workshop manual meant for the mechanics doing work in the dealership with all the special tools, of course it will be written differently from the owners manual the rest of us mortals have to use from Haynes or Clymer. I repeat it says "the lower clutch case bolt must not be removed as it is a hollow oil gallery banjo and will break if you try to remove it" it doesn't say what it is for or what to do if you were daft enough to break it.
the last guy I know did this had to strip the engine so he could get it fixed. I don't know how he did that the thread just stopped.
the thread OP has done just that broke the bolt how he is going to fix it. ask Fog. or perhaps you could tell him from the manual you have. because I have no idea.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Huh? I don't think we're all talking about the same piece. The piece that removes for oil pressure check is called "the plug" in Haynes manual.
Where is the "lower clutch case bolt"? Maybe a picture would help clarify, then I'll go out to the garage and inspect, verify?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Well, actually, that's debatable. 😁
that depends on what you assess debatable as. seeing as how Owners manuals are written for owners not mechanics. there is just about all the info you need if you look for it. ok so it won't contain specific info like the inner workings and test requirements of say the CDI, as owners are not equipped to even attempt a diagnostic or repair.
but the rest is pretty much covered.

·
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as in the formula:- k = G*d^4/ (8*D^3*Na)
Sorry Yorkie, but can I just simplify this formula.
See the source image

It's just that I've never seen these ***
and especially these ^^^ in a math equation. o_O

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
HA HA. neither have I but then I have never tried doing an equation on a standard keyboard with limited options while incorporating it into a line of text. ^ represents above. and * represents stop. so G*d^4 + G stop d with 4 above. / divided by 8 stop d with 3 above stop Na.
I might as well just not bothered anyway, as seems to have gone so far above peoples heads it could have been a star in the sky. that is what you get for trying to educate folks, ridicule.

·
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No ridicule, just trying to clear it up. Looks like I'm not done yet.
G*d^4 + G stop d with 4 above. / divided by 8 stop d with 3 above stop Na.
What the heck is all the "stops" and "above's" ?
G*d^4/(8*D^3*Na)
Spelled out it would read
G times d to the 4th power divided by 8 times D to the 3rd power times N

And "to the 3rd power" would be better written out as cubed.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
This thread was started primarily for one purpose only. Voltage monitors. When I post, many times the products I use are hard to find and I include a link or manufacturer .
This forum is a great resource, however if we all just posted suppliers only, with no content, just exactly how would similar posts to yours help?
if I may say so that comment is rather rude and un called for.
I can personally recommend these fine people. All of my bikes have their product on them
why is that not enough content. how big a write up can one do about an LED that changes colour from red to green and back to red again. I also have this product on both my bikes. very simple, very accurate, and 100% reliable.
In fact I would go as far as to say it's the best monitor on the market, and yeah I bought my first one on @ghostt recommendation one week of use I bought another one.
6v, 12v, 24v LED Battery level voltage monitor J - Gammatronix (gammatronixltd.com)

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250/17' 300 engine, 07' EX500
3,887 Posts
Look I guess I could have done a better job on than one, but I thought it was a straight forward answer to a straight forward question.

I did a write-up many years ago, I guess one could use the search feature? Or maybe the OP could check it out for themselves, and then maybe, ask questions about it? Like countless threads do?

Did you check the link? I posted the link, because they could explain it better than I could, and all the details about said products. If the purpose of that thread was to inform future members, I was posting that as another option, of a similar product.

This forum is one of the best out there, one reason is everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I don't take any offences what others write, if it's different from mine, I welcome feedback, and questions all the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I could easily edit my posts above. I owe you a apology-- that post had this ;
That link resembles spam as does the whole post, I see you are a premium member with 3866 posts'

What went through my brain was this:
That link resembles spam as does the whole post-however you are a premium member, with 3866 posts and a member since 2008 so there is no way in my mind you are a spammer-however if I had been patient and waited I am sure you would have added more content. I have been a member on the Versys forum since 2008, for many years I have been helping electrically, until recently when I created a mess by moving many of my threads into one forum from 2, we now have identical titles, but the information is scattered all over the more than 10 threads. The sole reason was trying to get improvements to the forum through our VS administrator. Instead of correcting my mistakes in December 2021 I left it go. We ended up getting improvements to the 2 off topic forums similar to this site.

So I am not a fan of moderating in public, which is what this thread is. However I owe @ghostt my sincerest apology, just by reading your post, puts a smile on my face.
I like a guy who can admit fault to a group. I am wrong all the time. Every day about something. Props.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts