Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is the seal I purchased and the one inside the cover is the one that was there when i took it apart. The bike is definitely a 500cc but I'm not sure if i have a slightly different model or if the bike was modified, but I was wondering if I could get some clarification.

·
Registered
429 Posts
There should be two parts, one with a little white disk and another larger one with spring. Taking the old one out it may be easiest to use a pvc pipe or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get that seal? I wonder if they sent the wrong one....?? The hole in the center looks too large, and not sure if it has both parts.
I got it at that link below the picture and I know it's the right one because this is the second one I've ordered from different places and they were the same size
Where did you get that seal? I wonder if they sent the wrong one....?? The hole in the center looks too large, and not sure if it has both parts.
There should be two parts, one with a little white disk and another larger one with spring. Taking the old one out it may be easiest to use a pvc pipe or something.
I got both parts the big part resting on the cover is the part with the spring

·
Administrator
15,841 Posts
Gotta love the Ebay small print:

"Note:
We strongly suggest comparing the posted picture to your faulty unit.
Compatibility only for reference,please check out the size or product fits your motorcycle or not."

How can the buyer be expected to do that without buying first and having the part in hand? I'll surmise this is a copy cat part . Kaw OEM part # 49063-0002 $9.94

Advise OP to reorder correct # from an authorized Kaw dealer, online or storefront.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You definitely bought a water pump mechanical seal and it is most certainly NOT for this particular engine.
Here is the OEM part number: 49063-0002
There is an old part number which has been superseded by the above number, it is: 49063-1054.
If the part number for the part you bought isn't either of those, you simply bought the wrong part. If the part number on the package DOES match either of the above part numbers, you have a mis-packaged part. It's uncommon but does happen, even with OEM parts. I've had it happen to me more than once.

·
Administrator
15,841 Posts
he received a copy, not an OEM, Ebay item # 203094664700 He needs to buy using part # from authorized Kaw dealer.

The part # changes included 49063-1054, 49063-1056 and 49063-2056...all changing to the superseding current number of 49063- 0002.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 52675 that is the seal I purchased and the one inside the cover is the one that was there when i took it apart. The bike is definitely a 500cc but I'm not sure if i have a slightly different model or if the bike was modified, but I was wondering if I could get some clarification.

I got the same issue 😕 😒
what was your solution?
thx

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I doubt you will receive an answer from this member he posted those two then disappeared without posting a resolution.
however, if you have a water seal the wrong size there is nothing you can do to make it fit.
suggest you order a OEM part from Kawasaki the part number is in the thread. # 49063- 0002. don't forget to also order the oil seal for the back case you will most likely need one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts