Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Sunny, very cool low 50's today, 40 some miles on this thin, agile little 650. Can I get an amen?

Lookin' at this pic, you'd never guess its an I4, wouldja'?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Semi-repeat today, about 40 miles. Some of my chosen curvy little backroads route.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
11/23 last ride for the 900 before putting it away for winter. This week weather predicted good for a couple rides, both Hondas remain on call.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
3/27 1st ride of '20 today FINALLY! about 50 miles my standard, twisty route on the 650 Honda.
So many folks doing their best as "retired" social distancers ...dog walkers, hikers, bicycle riders everywhere! Ponds, parks, waterside parking lots FILLED!
My usual "1st ride" yearly impressions...I'm physically out of shape, cool fresh air very relaxing. Return home with minor muscle/joint aches, lunch/cup of tea....knocked me right out. All in all good stuff of course.

ride1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
TY, clean, stabilized, covered, winterized within garage as always. Battery brought indoors, charge topped off time to time
Instant, reliable, predictable touch button start every time. Boom.

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finally able to get out with couple of nice days....dusted off 650 and 900SS. Both performing just as well as November '19 when put away for winter. Coupled the rides with shoreline walking, exercise very relaxing. Man did I need that. Connecticut is barely visible through the inlet in 3rd pic.

ride3.jpg ride4.jpg ride2.jpg

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Plenty of folks getting out walking, dog walking, jogging, bicycle riding....even motorcycle riding! Meanwhile all keeping within respectful distance guidelines, that I could see.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Plenty of folks getting out walking, dog walking, jogging, bicycle riding....even motorcycle riding! Meanwhile all keeping within respectful distance guidelines, that I could see.
I got out yesterday for a pedal. Friday too. Saw a few people out on their road bikes. Over at the park where I ride to, there were a few people out on their MTBs too. LOTS of people out walking around the lake and hiking up the hills. Wish I could get a ride on my 996 in though. It's been crazy weather though, and rain seems to pop up whenever I head out to pedal....and I don't even saddle up to pedal unless it's nice enough out.....sean

·
Registered
117 Posts
The weather here in England is beautiful (at the moment) but due to the restrictions on movement it is difficult to go out and enjoy it. I made an excuse to go shopping yesterday but found most shops were either closed or had large queues at the door because they are only letting a few people in at a time. So I am running out of jobs to do at home, I have run out of paint and I have had to mail order a couple of tins which may take ten days to arrive when it is usually two days.
I can't do anything with my bike as I am waiting for parts to arrive... Might just have to steal my sons MT-09 and go for a ride. Would love to go for a long scenic ride but it's just not going to happen - If I am too far from home I will have to justify my actions or face a large fine, I am also being paid to stay at home and I don't want to give them an excuse to take that away from me. As it is our Easter break this weekend when traditionally all the riders suddenly get there bikes out of storage I wonder how many people will suddenly 'forget' about Covid-19.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Did some errands yesterday (vet for meds, search ANYWHERE for a barber - no luck) and who rides by??? A pack of about 10-12 Harley riders, all old guys.

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Sunny but very cool ride today, gettin' cobwebs out of the older Duc. Running/handling impressive as always. And to think just 22 hours ago we experienced minor snow squalls here, what a lousy spring so far. Takin' it while I can get it!

may10ride.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well hello R, long time! how you? Last we met 2017 was it? How's your Triumph? Miles now? You are staying well here in the CV epicenter?

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Looking good Duc,:D

Be a few more weeks here before I get out for a ride, looking forward to getting up around the hills, even if all the cafes will still be closed.

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hello jonh! The (out of place) waterfront pizza shop here has just reopened in last few days! While closed, offered a depressing, stark reminder during the North Shore ride.
Seriously missed the option of stopping for a slice and a soft drink at the picnic tables set up right across the street on the shoreline. Relaxing, a really nice view.
Just let a bud know, he's anxious to get out..."gotta do this SOON" he texts.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well hello R, long time! how you? Last we met 2017 was it? How's your Triumph? Miles now? You are staying well here in the CV epicenter?
I think you're right. It was a north shore run and I haven't been out that way since.
Don't remember if I ever mentioned it but the wifey rides too, a Ninja300.
The Triumph has been good. It's at just over 16k miles but haven't done much riding since last summer as I've been busy with other stuff and now the whole CV thing.
We've been doing ok here, hope you are too! Stay safe

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Hi Duc,

Yeah it's going to be a bit bleak if I cant call in for a brew and a sandwich once I can get out. Might have to take a flask and butty's with me,LOL.
I was going to go to the classic TT this year, but that has been kicked in to touch now so will have to look at next year.
Been giving the bikes a good coat of love for when we get released, dont think I've ever had them "all" this clean together, theres usually always one that needs a wash,LOL.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts