Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
An extended North Shore run into Nassau County today on my 650 Honda. Terrible quality pics of 2 prominently displayed Ducatis through the front windows at Billy Joels' 20th Century Motorcycles in Oyster Bay (currently closed of course) A MHR (Mike Hailwood Replica) and an early generation 900SS both rare and valuable. No doubt he told his employees to buy every Duc they could lay their hands on, and money is no object, of course.
Beach parking lots were filled, and some towns have actually opted to close them.
Normally busy Main St, Bayville tourist type businesses are locked up, area empty, quite alarming to see. Beaches and parking lots filled with folks getting out in sun and fresh air at least.

A good run, though late afternoon traffic filled with DITS drivers....Dead In The Seat, usually in SUV's. Stoplight changes green, they sit 10 seconds, hesitate at traffic junctions, drive well UNDER speed limits, no turnsignals, constant brakelights.....stopping for ??? no good reason. Blah blah blah. Seemed inconceivably bad today.

bayville3.jpg bayville1.jpg bayville2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
dusted off the 800 today, winter project of relocation of controls a total success. Raised riding position a welcome improvement.

ride5.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
now cooler temps here ....after being passed over during hot summer, the pizza oven (VFR) is legal, prepped and RTG for fall riding season.

·
Super Moderator
14,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My older Duc the last in line for NY state inspection, went this afternoon but shop ran out of stickers. Owner had mentioned he was getting low. I'll get back next week, no biggie.
65 miles today, mostly backroads, the old, antiquated, air-cooled, carbed Ducati still impressive after all these years. Loves the cooler weather. I must say....the carburetion truly rivaled FI. Obsolete? Hardly. Thanks again to Ghost Motorcycle for a superb purchase from a (still to this day) quite satisfied customer here.
On return, changed oil while hot, lubed/adjusted chain, coupla other very minor maintenance tasks.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts