Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
My 800SS Ducati now nearing 7200 miles, I recently opened up my NGK Iridium plug gaps to .035" (from .031"). Wow....shoulda, woulda, coulda done this when I first installed them. Major improvement in throttle response, popping on decel is gone, reliably returns instantly to 1100 idle setting. Impressive powerplant, idle through redline. After my (over the winter) adjustable clip on install....its now super comfortable as well. Seems this 800 is my new go-to ride now.

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did you put the VFR on the sales block yet? Any nibbles?

They're getting hard to find, and a really nice example like yours should have any clever motorcyclist salivating.

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
GONE sold over a month ago

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not sure you told the EX crowd about the sale? If you did then I was sleeping. Sounds like it was an easy sale....not surprising given the bike itself and then COVID, which has created a vacuum for decent bikes lately....

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
GONE sold over a month ago
What….the….hell? No you didn’t.

I had to read that twice.

There is some lucky [email protected]@rd out there riding one of the best Viffers out there.

I still can’t believe it. Wow….how much have I missed on here during my hiatus?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
ODO passed 8,000 mi on my Ducati SS800 on this cool (75F) morning doing part of my NS run. A week or 2 ago I actually did a "redo" on my FI setup ...throttle body synch using mercury manometer, TPS (throttle position sensor) resets (using IAW diagnostic software live), idle speed and air bleed tweaks, with great success. Slight compromises required, must be made for targeted best running. I was most interested in improving/tweaking super low RPM and (just) off-idle performance. Runs great, "friendly" just loves very low speed cruising (at 2800RPM) and vigorously pulls away when called upon.

Was advised by current owner, the VFR was stolen from him in Northern New Jersey. Otherwise, no further details available. Sad about that one.

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
near 8400 on the SS800 odo...did another 80 this morning to Target Rock Nature Preserve, all winding back roads. While there, encountered these guys on a long walk. Hot temps, back 11AM, done for the day.

Plant Plant community Wood Natural landscape Shade

Plant Plant community People in nature Natural landscape Branch

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Leftovers from Tropical Storm Ida (passed by last night) ....giant, deep puddles and washout (sand and rocks) cut my normal twisty-turney North Shore ride way short today, I changed route accordingly. Meh....a couple days road crews will have it sorted.

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
8900 mi on the SS800 as of today, added 40+ on it this morning.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts