Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

48761 - 48774 of 48774 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
you dog you :wink2:
hmm....wintering in Florida....hmm....transferring 1 bike down there for permanent use.....hmm.
Got me thinkin' how i could convince my brother to let me barge in now and then. Achieving snowbird status.

Now see what ya' done? :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
I'm thinking...riding!!!

I can't help but notice you didn't put up a weather chart from 2 or 3 weeks ago, when the temps dropped below freezing in Tampa.
Just sayin' :grin2:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I can't help but notice you didn't put up a weather chart from 2 or 3 weeks ago, when the temps dropped below freezing in Tampa.
Just sayin' :grin2:

Below freezing?!?! Yeah, in the morning! By afternoon we all had our air conditioners rolling! >:)

Then again, anytime it get's below 55 is considered "freezing" in Florida!:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
So I'm on another forum (I won't name names). A member post's a question on how to do something on his bike. None of the current active members are familiar with exactly what the answer is. So he gets no replies. He eventually figures it out. But what gets me is, once he figures it out, he just up and leaves with out posting on what needed to be done.

Wait the plot thickens :surprise:
I go back to inquire as to what was done, and now the entire thread is missing.

My point here:
Don't be that guy. :wink2:

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
Hope your all keeping safe that side of the pond. I dont post much anymore, but I'm thinking about you all. Stay safe and well,
Jonh.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Today my wife ELisa Beth and I celebrate our 62 wedding anniversary all in good health and happiness.
Thank you

Fog
Congratulations! Not many people can say any of those things. BTW, I also want to say thank you for your never ending contributions to this forum. Countless ex-500 owners (myself included) have and will continue to benefit from your hard won knowledge. Cheers to you and your family.

·
Registered
19,321 Posts
Yesterday I had new rear tires fitted on my SL55 AMG Mercedes These ar 285 /30/18 size, think 10"wide X 3 tall. I took 2 big strong guys and a powerful machine, and four pry bars to lever these things on .Took the a good 15 min per tire. because of the stiffness They only charged me $15 each, they sure earned their money

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today i did a full fog mod, cleaned the carbs, removed weathered control plastics and painted them, pair removal done, deep cleaned the wheels, full chain clean and lube, alignment, built a new headlight/speedo bracket (bought it with no fairings after a wreck). I think that's a good start for today. Tomorrow i tune and re-sync the carbs, flush the coolant, and bleed the brakes. I hate not riding but at least im doing something I love to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I synced the carbs, cleaned and lubed the cables, put back together all the controls after deep cleaning connections, tied down all loose cables from rear fender removal, adjusted idle down (didn't realize it was way to high), and did a basic shakedown with nothing falling off. Tomorrow is coolant and full break bleed with tear-down to clean the calipers and make sure they are in tip top shape. I'm on the home stretch now.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
less than 1 week in AZ and I'm already looking at bikes on CL. Possibilities are endless.... ZX12R? Hayabusa? FZ1? Ninja 1000? Triumph 1050? Aprilia Tuono?

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
I rolled up on another EX today. I couldn't believe it, don't know how many years it's been since I've seen another one. I think it was an '08.

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
It's funny. I don't ever catch them riding, but I've seen a few parked around here. And our Criagslist has a steady flow of them.

48761 - 48774 of 48774 Posts