Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
381 - 400 of 405 Posts
Yeah I seem to remember that too. Just so happens I've had plenty of near accidents in the car due to bicyclists. Incredibly annoying. I share the road, but I'm not too pleased when I come to a stop at the same time as them, but because they don't want to put a foot down they decide to go, turning left, and make me pass them anyway.

Today while riding home from work, I saw a farmer on a tractor running as far to the shoulder as possible in the opposing traffic lane. This still took up half of the lane in a 45. They need to get places to do their job so that isn't an issue. The issue is the stream of cars passing him. They'd wait till the car ahead completed the pass like they should, so they had a good visual. Some moron in a beat up old honda decided because I was on a bike he could just borrow part of my lane and gunned it into half of my lane while I was about 50 yards from the tractor. I saw his face before he did it, slowed, and prepared to get as far right as possible if needed. Had my thumb firmly buried into the horn button the entire time. He would have never pulled that stunt if I was in a car.

Aphrodite said:
I dont know about you but I remember being taught that bicyclist must obey traffic rules too, it seems that they are being allowed to do what ever they want. run redlights stop signs all that, one of these days it is going to get ugly for them, I just know it.
It's the same here in the city, they're suppose to obey the traffic rules too. I saw on the news that they were cracking down and issuing tickets but that may just be only in Manhattan especially since they have three citibike program there's like a million more bikes on the street. The worst is when they ride towards on coming traffic at night with no reflectors or blinkers.

aMawds said:
Yeah I seem to remember that too. Just so happens I've had plenty of near accidents in the car due to bicyclists. Incredibly annoying. I share the road, but I'm not too pleased when I come to a stop at the same time as them, but because they don't want to put a foot down they decide to go, turning left, and make me pass them anyway.

Today while riding home from work, I saw a farmer on a tractor running as far to the shoulder as possible in the opposing traffic lane. This still took up half of the lane in a 45. They need to get places to do their job so that isn't an issue. The issue is the stream of cars passing him. They'd wait till the car ahead completed the pass like they should, so they had a good visual. Some moron in a beat up old honda decided because I was on a bike he could just borrow part of my lane and gunned it into half of my lane while I was about 50 yards from the tractor. I saw his face before he did it, slowed, and prepared to get as far right as possible if needed. Had my thumb firmly buried into the horn button the entire time. He would have never pulled that stunt if I was in a car.
/rant/ That is a regular thing and seems to be universal everywhere and has always pissed me off. That included parking places that is a serious thing and offense in my book, makes me want to rip their mirrors off and leave a few marks to remind them to keep their distance but I bite my lip and move along, depending on the days how it went, sometimes more angry than other days. I was told I need to "calm" down by security when I had my bike hit in the garage by some ******* that thought it was OK to share my spot and hit my bike with their door. I mean seriously what is it going to take to get these wanks to understand that we are tax paying motor vehicles too, and we are entitled to our spot in parking and on the road not only half the space. /end rant/

To the high school girl that couldn't wait till she wasn't driving mommy's suv to send that all important text. Really appreciate you leaving me that remaining 4 feet of my lane as you were going around the corner that I was on the outside of. I hope Karma bites you hard and prom sucks ass...

Well, was meh ride not bad most people were ok till Family Dollar, I parked, and was taking my helmet off and as I am pulling helmet up lady swinging into parking spot I see bumper about had a heart attack. I did not want to say nothing yet heart was still racing so i went in got my razors I was on a mission to get and checking out the lady came the wrong way down the check out waving her child on her hip as che comes through, I was in my head like damn lady ready you like being in my space(in my head). I rang out as i am paying she decides she want to interrupt the guy checking me out that she has something in her car that needs to be collect out of it, he walks toward her car I casually mention to her she scared me the way she puilled in the looked at me and rolled her eyes, I was like WTFO, so I was like lady you got any idea how close you were to me pulling in my space, she was like "Iii pulledd in regular", I told her please be careful, she flat told me to mind my own business?? I am like :eek: What? she told me I don't have time for you. I flat told her listen ***** if I was a car you would have hit me and inches closer you would have definitely hit me sitting on my bike. She then told me I got a baby in my arms don't talk to me that way. I then told her F^(# YOU BIT(#. She then proceeded to tell me that she has a baby in her arms not to talk to her like that,(like I didn't notice) then I just restated, FU(# YOU BIT(#. Then the store dude was like "don't come to my store no more, I told him simply the same statement.

Moral of this story all she had to do was acknowledge and even meagerly say I am sorry, or something other than rolling her eyes at me, (I dont mean I might have mistaken her looking away as that, but it was that snobby stereo type of rolling of the eyes) or completely disregarding me. AND then seriously your carrying a child does NOT means you have a free pass to do what ever the frakk you want to do.

I am in an angry mood today.

Thanks to the arsehole that knocked over my bike yesterday. I was parked in the car park at work and on approaching the bike i knew something was wrong as my right side mirror was folded in a little and as i put the ignition on my left blinker came on.
That's when i started investigating and noticed the scratch on the engine guard and bar end and exhuast. Oh and the little road feller thing under the foot peg broke off. Think the handle bar is a little bent too.
Thanks again you dumbass for hitting a parked bike.

I would like to say thank you to the dumb ass who almost killed me on my way back from lunch today for breaking the monotony of a dull workday. The adrenaline surge was much needed. I understand that the rest of us using I-70 East through downtown at 3 pm are nothing more than annoying obstacles to you and we know that your big and powerful gas guzzling engine is more than capable of overtaking the rest of us but that's simply because the whole highway is packed and driving at the about the speed limit, and not because you are Michael Schumacher.

But the problem with this theory is that your black chromed out Hummer cannot physically occupy the same space as another solid object at the same time, namely my motorcycle in this case. So while it may have appeared to you from your perspective behind the wheel of your military style vehicle better suited for transporting marines in and out of a war zone than taking your fat ass to work every day that there was nobody in my lane at the time I was, in fact, at that very same moment riding along humming the tune to whatever song was stuck in my head at the moment minding my own business before you attempted to turn me into your new hood ornament.

I would also like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to interrupt your cell phone call and "need for speed" frenzy to honk your horn when you finally realized that I was rudely and inconsiderately in your way as you were weaving into my lane going at least 15 miles per hour faster than I was. That horn honk caused me to instinctively swerve to the left straddling the dotted line separating me from the lane next to me at the same moment that a blur of black metal and chrome whizzed by me missing me by quite literally mere inches on the freeway. It was fast enough to scare the living **** out of me but thanks to the adrenaline I still remember making eye contact with you as you smugly shrugged your shoulders at me like "What are you doing here?" while holding your cell phone with your right hand over your ear.

Then unrepentantly you continue weaving in and out of the traffic ahead of you as you were just a moment before you almost killed me. You sir are the perfect exemplification of a smug Hummer owning douchebag commuter!!!

That's why you need a mirror stick but then that road rager cager might have a gun :-X

Glad you made it out alive.

Box truck almost ran me over a coupe weeks back. Ran through a stop sign with his head buried in his phone.

Thank you to the ass hat in a Mustang that thought it was a better idea to be driving and stuffing his face with a McDonalds cheeseburger rather than pay attention when merging into my lane. He gets the horn, and I get the stupid little wave. Sure, almost run me over, and then wave like your a neighbor driving by. Come here so I can cram that damn cheeseburger down your throat for you. ::)

keyda81 said:
Thank you to the ass hat in a Mustang that thought it was a better idea to be driving and stuffing his face with a McDonalds cheeseburger rather than pay attention when merging into my lane. He gets the horn, and I get the stupid little wave. Sure, almost run me over, and then wave like your a neighbor driving by. Come here so I can cram that damn cheeseburger down your throat for you. ::)
Mmmm hell yeah.
keyda, if one only knew...

One_Evil_Monkey said:
keyda81 said:
Mmmm hell yeah.
keyda, if one only knew...
Once upon a time I took out a window of someone doing just this, that wave you referd to goes all over me pisses me off. I used to be much much angrier.

Thank you to the truck driver who spilled just enough sand to cause me to low side on a bend in the road last Thursday.

00ninja said:
Thank you to the truck driver who spilled just enough sand to cause me to low side on a bend in the road last Thursday.
Bruised a couple of ribs and was sore for 2-3 days. I'm fine now. Not a scratch on me or my gear otherwise.

My bike, not so much.

Might need your help sourcing some replacement parts since you're in the know when it comes to local connections ;)

Getting some good learn-on here reading these! Im glad to see that most of these encounters with the unthinking segment of our driving society didn't result in too many injuries.

My recent encounter (yesterday, up near the Yokes Grocery Store on 27th Ave in Kennewick) involves one of our own, yep a motorcyclist, riding a really really nice Yamaha RD350. You sir, have a great bike. However, that doesn't entitle you to act all hacked off when I have the green and you have the stop. I double checked the intersection signage, just in case the wonderfully efficient (sarcasm here) City of Kennewick Public Works Dept had changed something in the last hour...

DUDE F@#KING STOP. Then turn, don't ride my ass, and give me the "glare". I saw you. Even though I was driving my mr mom mobile (mini-van) complete with my 13 and 11 year old boys onboard, I still saw you, enough to see what youre riding, wearing and the pissed off look.

I hate it when a rider does the dumba$$ thing. Your actions reflect on all of us who ride.

Thanks to all of you for the shoulder! :)

To the lady in the white SUV yesterday who "Didn't see me" and decided to put her turn signal on as I was even with her rear quarter panel.

Not only was I on the horn, but she was still coming over only slower. Realizing that my choices due to traffic were getting rear ended by a truck full of sugar cane or having to take a 10 inch curb and I saw my options close quickly.

I did what I needed by dropping 2 gears and going in between her and the curb. I had a mirror's length until she would have bumped me on my left and a little less than a foot before I bit the curb to my right.

I had to stop at the next place to regain my nerves.

Drivers like that I swear...

I wanna thank those four stray dogs that surrounded me when I slowed down to get to the beach. Especially the biggest one, an old, black haired one that bit me in the calf when put the foot down for balance at low speed in the sand. Thanks for letting me two tusks marked in the flesh :'( and give me a valuable lesson: dogs HATE motorcycles, especially when they're in packs.

Tip of the hat to the *****..... while raining didn't have her headlights on. Late modle Grey Honda Accord, pulled out in front of me. Had to swing out in left lane. Then she tried to put the front bumper up my tail pipes afterwards.
SO sorry I got in YOUR way!
Nevermind it's wet and I'm doing 5 below the speed limit just because I'm on two wheels and it's raining.
I forgot. YOU rule the road. EAT A D*** you fat peice of skank! Shove that phone down your throat, might go well with that cheeseburger and your golf balled dimpled a**!!!!!

O_E_M

381 - 400 of 405 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.