Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll make this short and sweet. I was putting some miles on my 500 just riding around on some side road, i was going down 136th no one was around and at the last minute a large dump truck pulled out of some construction site which was screened from my angle. I was only doing about 35mph so i was able to pull the clutch in and slam on my rear break to whip around into the lane going the other direction, thank god there was no on coming traffic.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hunter4570 said:
i'll make this short and sweet. I was putting some miles on my 500 just riding around on some side road, i was going down 136th no one was around and at the last minute a large dump truck pulled out of some construction site which was screened from my angle. I was only doing about 35mph so i was able to pull the clutch in and slam on my rear break to whip around into the lane going the other direction, thank god there was no on coming traffic.
did it cause you to leave ''skid marks'' ........ :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow, I used to live in Broomfield and right off of 136th. What are the odds...

And yes, glad no one was in the oncoming lane.

·
Registered
169 Posts
you shouldn't be slamming on the rear brake... I'd pay money to see somebody hockey-stop a 500r...

good work on keeping the rubber side up though! 8)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mulcibre said:
you shouldn't be slamming on the rear brake... I'd pay money to see somebody hockey-stop a 500r...
Did it Saturday, NOT intentionally... Ooops...
Thanks Ohio drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts