Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I introduced myself about a week ago, but thought I would say hello in the Canadian forum aswell, so, Hello. I live in the Ottawa area, (Barrhaven). I started riding last july, and bought a 2001 500R in August 2006. It is a great commuter for me. I ride with a neighbour of mine that recently bought a 2007 600 ZZR. I read that some other 500 riders in the Ottawa area meet up occassionally and was interested in joining the ride. Let me know if your interested. If it helps to know, I'm a married, 35 year old man. I'm not a speed demon, but I don't mind twisting the throttle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello explorer, nice to see you on the board! I'm from Ottawa (Hunt Club) too, and have a 2001 as well. We should organize another little EX500 meet sometime soon for sure...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in too guys :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted my availability for next weekend. Let me know what works for you, and maybe an idea of where to ride. Look forward to meeting the two of you that have replied so far, maybe we can get a couple more riders before the weekend.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
If I get this weekend off, I'll be on a track Saturday, I'll see if I'm not too sore for Sunday. You guys want to come eastward I have great roads in my area: eastern townships, 1hour from the Montreal island, we could meet halfway ;D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good to me Frog, but where in the eastern townships are you thinking about meeting. I just want a rough idea, because I don't know the area to well.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Anywhere between Montreal and exit # 78 of highway 10

There's a St-Hubert restaurant at exit 29, you can't miss it. There's a bridge (over the Richelieu river) and you can see the sign when you're on top of it. The parking of the restaurant is just beside the exit.

I can meet you there or anywhere you want, really, you pick the place and the time.

I'm waiting for my manager to confirm my vacations tomorrow though..

If you come, bring a camera, it's a must ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm also in Ottawa (Bank & Riverside)... '04 Silver EX500. I am heading down to Peterborough Friday afternoon I think and probably won't be back until later on Sunday. Hopefully catch you guys for another ride sometime though!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I just got my vacations confirmed ;D

bprintz => We'll catch you another time :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm gonna have to pay attention this time and see when everyones meeting up.. THO sat eve I'll be at Bluesfest.. SO hopeing for a sunday.. haha that is if i want to wake up in the morn.. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sunday is still good for me, but I think meeting at Frog's spot is a little to far. I'm still a Newbie and don't know if I can last that long a day on the bike. It's about 2.5- 3 hrs just to meet up. Sorry Frog. Can anyone suggest a good place about halfway between Montreal and Ottawa, That has some good riding in the area. :-[

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
No problem, keep the suggestions coming and I'll probably show up if it's halfway :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Frog, it does'nt look like we have too much interest for this weekend. Maybe we can try again sometime soon. Sorry. :'(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Meh, no biggie, check what I just did to my bike : http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,2935.0.html

I'll have to test it out this weekend but the weather will be horrible tomorrow :(

On the brighter side, I should have all my Thursday, Friday and Saturday off for the next little while, well except the 21st of July ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts