Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike ran fine last week.

Today when I took the bike out even when it was fully warmed up the bike would just die if the throttle was released.
There was no rough running and then stall. If you revved the bike to 5k and released the throttle the revs would fall and the bike would instantly die. When the bike was warm it would tick over, providing you left the choke partially on, so I adjusted the closed throttle position so that the bike would not stall , with the choke off.

This worked to a fashion but now from 5K if the throttle is released it revs fall to about 2k, then sometimes they will drop to 1200 which is fine, but sometimes the revs increase to up to 2.5k and with each blip of the throttle the bike settles between 1200 and 2k, but the rpm fluctuates even if the throttle is completely untouched.

Does anyone have any pointers to check before I end up with a full Carb strip down?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
19,158 Posts
Carb is not the problem carb cables is, check the handgrip rubber is not pushed up against the throttle block causing drag.
check the cables are routed properly and no binding check and lube cables and carb linkage.

FOG

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spot on with your assessment FOG.
Cables lubed up and the problem has been resolved.
Many thanks for the nudge in the right direction.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts