Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a (not a shameless plug) a Woodcraft front end lift, I used to use it on my race EX and can change the pin that goes under the triple tree and use it on my Hondas.

I like to undo the speedo cable, it is easier to re-install it after the wheel install than to leave it on. Just line them up and thread it back on. I use a bungee cord to support the brake caliper btw.

Phone books if you can find one, I have some old pieces of wood kicking around I use, guess you could jack the bike on the centre stand and get the front wheel off the ground that way too. Peace

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
there is a saying if you ask 10 scientists a question you will get 10 different answers. like wise if there is a job to do on a bike there are 10 different ways to do it.
personally I use a lightweight trolly jack under the engine to lift the front it came with a square rubber foot that comes in handy, if you don't jack it up enough the wheel won't clear the front fender. too high and the bike becomes unstable once the rear wheel touches the ground. fine if you have stock rear suspension but if you have lifted the rear this margin becomes a problem and requires a different solution. if you have a top box adding weight inside the box with build blocks or bags of sand does the same job as a jack. you find your own way to to do these jobs so no one has the perfect answer. as some don't even have a centre stand but that is a whole new ball game.

·
Super Moderator
6,627 Posts
Sometimes when removing a part some fiddling may be needed to aid in the removal. This can even apply to the most straight forward easiest to remove parts. Just need to use common sense and don't over fiddle anything.

If anyone has a better word than "fiddle", I'm open for suggestions.

Reactions: Dent4jc

·
Registered
2006 ninja EX500r
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sometimes when removing a part some fiddling may be needed to aid in the removal. This can even apply to the most straight forward easiest to remove parts. Just need to use common sense and don't over fiddle anything.

If anyone has a better word than "fiddle", I'm open for suggestions.
I like fiddle. I had to remove my center stand for my first track day last weekend. And I think I would add F....ing to that fiddle because as much as I fiddled, I could not get the bolts out without removing the exhaust pipes which were in the way. If there is a tip or trick to getting those F...ing bolts out without removing the pipes, I would love to hear it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts