Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i just went and special ordered (nobody stocks that size in hawaii) set fo sport demons for rear 140/70/17 and i wanted the front stay 110/70/17 , so when i get back home (~20 mile ride from the shop in traffic) i looked at the order receipt it said "acc sport demon 140/70 H1" which is good and for the front "acc sport demon 110/90v1" how this tire could affect the handling or whatever else i should worry about witha taller tire? or i should go raise hell in the shop and demand 110/70 ???

·
Registered
375 Posts
:) Before you get yer britches in a wedgie, I'd first look on the bike to see if that is indeed what they mounted. The receipt could be a typo. However, if the front is a 110/90 I would be kinda concerned...would think the shop would replace it with the right size at no cost to you. Don't know how that size(110/90) will affect the handling if they did screw up. Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have the tires mounted yet, because i just ordered them (nobody stocks them so they have to order from their supplier), anyhow should i go there and tell them to cancel that tire and get the right one or it just doesnt matter? i called them and the guy at the shop said that it wouldnt make any difference exept it will be a little taller (about half inch)

any other ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
A) The guy at the shop just doesn't want to do any work, he knows it will make a difference!
B) Call and talk to someone who cares about customers and ask them to order the correct tire...any decent motorcycle store will be happy to do that for you, it only takes us (motorcycle stores) one phone call.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
You'd be happier with the correct tire size for the front, a 110/70/17. the 90 may cause some problems, but I cant say for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts