Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm looking for the best set of tires to put on my 01 EX500. I use Michelin's on my ZX6 but they don't make anything good for the size of wheels the EX500 has. Anyone have any recommendations for good quality street tires for an EX500?

Thanks,
Dan

Edited for grammar corrections.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
dbrummer said:
I ride use Michelin's on my ZX6 but they don't make anything good for the size of wheels the EX500.
Pilot Powers are crap? Since when?!

Pilot Power 110 up front, Pilot Power 150/60 in back

·
Registered
14 Posts
Buy Pilot Powers and be happy. The 150/60 fits but I had to bend a small bracket by the chain to stop it from rubbing on the new tire, other than that it's perfect.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just got Pilot Powers 120/65 front 150/60 rear for my '01. I've been too busy to put them on yet(or to ride for that matter) but they are beautiful tires. I just like looking at 'em. ;D I can't wait to get them on there, they will be so much better than the stockers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knightslugger said:

I never said Michelins are crap :) I ride with Power Races on the ZX6.

So you guys are saying a 150/60 will fit on a 130/70x17 rim?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
dbrummer said:
Knightslugger said:

I never said Michelins are crap :) I ride with Power Races on the ZX6.

So you guys are saying a 150/60 will fit on a 130/70x17 rim?

-Dan
I'll quote you if you like... alls i gotta do it look at your second sentence...

anyway, yes the 150/60 will fit without need for any modification.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knightslugger said:
I'll quote you if you like... alls i gotta do it look at your second sentence...

anyway, yes the 150/60 will fit without need for any modification.
My bad, I worded the sentence wrong. I didn't see anything on Michelin's website that matched the stock tire sizes so I assumed they didn't make anything that would fit my EX500. Thank you for your help, I'll be def. going with the Pilot Powers.

-Dan

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you choose to stay with the stock sizes, you can get the michelin Pilot Activs. I have only 200 miles on mine, but i love them already..

but its an unfair comparison. i had a worn battlax on the rear, and the OE exedra on front..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts