Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I started off with my turnsignals. They were ugly the deserved to be gutted for some carbon fiber Aero turnsignals. The back underfender was ugly so I removed the license plate bracket and bolted it through the license plate light cover on the back. It keeps it on and visible in the back and eliminates that huge ugly rear fender. Next thing was to replace those big boxy mirrors with some sleek mirrors. Again I decided to go with carbon fiber for both look and simply availability. While I was at it I replaced the levers with carbon fiber ones. The brake lever got busted when the bike dropped at my friends house. I stripped the stickers and blacked the whole bike out. This thing is really starting to look like a ninja. As soon as I get it out of the impound I will be sure to put up some pictures. This bike must look good because I have had more then 15 offers in less then a week to purchase it. :)
My Mileage

My Mirrors

My Levers

My Rear turnsignals

Front turnsignals

Led switch

My bike all together

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still waiting to get my bike out of the impound. Being only 17 and spending the majority of my time on the road riding it was only a matter of time before they pulled me over. Still hadnt done the road part of my test so no Motorcycle endorsement. Now I have spent the entire morning looking into all sorts of fun and custom things to do and I must say I am jealous of the Verruci bikes. There small but the bike is beautiful and comes with a remote start system. I have looked and looked but cant seem to find any replacement parts for these bikes hoping of course to find a new remote start system for my own ninja. How complicated would it be to implement this from a verruci to a ninja?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hurry up and get that bike back we need pics!

I wonder how those remote starts work? I'd assume you have to leave the bike parked in neutral which I'm not crazy about.

·
Registered
722 Posts
there are alarm systems that have the remote start option. wouldn't be hard electric starter is an electric starter for the most part, have to bypass some of the saftey features tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See the thing im looking at is all the extras you will never use. Remote access and such. Now if we could find a way to turn the remote access into something like turning on and off the leds I have on the bike that would be a different story. As for leaving the bike in park I wouldnt mind to much as its always in neutral. I keep my steering locked so let someone try and steal it. Looking at the wiring so far I think it would be wired just like the push button on the handlebars. Not to much to installing the remote start.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Agia said:
Looking at the wiring so far I think it would be wired just like the push button on the handlebars. Not to much to installing the remote start.....
cutoff switches and the key in the ignition too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as that goes remote starts are usually made so that you have a bit of time to put the key in and cutoff is auto with the key out and you trying to move the bike. My friends dad is selling a few Verruci's with this so I will be doing some investigating as far as wiring and so forth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The turnsignals are from ebay and the ebay store is Tankpads. They carry alot of universal things guaranteed to fit the 500. As for the switch thats for my led groundlighting.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Bummer that it's impounded.When you get it back it would be cool to see some pics at night with the LED's on.

F

·
0 Posts
Being only 17 and spending the majority of my time on the road riding it was only a matter of time before they pulled me over. Still hadnt done the road part of my test so no Motorcycle endorsement.
Hey man I'm 17 and I spend the majority of my time riding. That's got nuthin to do with getting your bike impounded. It probably had more to do with not having done your road test...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are those tailights the ones that are supposed to be on the 250 because I got some of the LED kind and in my opinion they suck. They are not really bright and I am just waiting for a cop to pull me over in the daytime becasue he did not see my blinker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts