Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Few days ago I noticed that one of the bolts holding my license plate was missing and today I noticed the left side cap for the cross pipe (black circular cap just above the left footrest) is missing. Is this due to too much vibration or am I being paranoid?? ??? I dont think any of my neighbours are messing with me.

Also I noticed an open pipe hanging under the bike. Is it supposed to be there??

I appreciate your help and suggestions...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
parallel twins just vibrate allot

small black tube is a overflow

:D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
wolf66 said:
Isn't that the main reason this bike is labelled a 'chicks bike' ? :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
wolf66 said:

:D
Try to focus on a Buell at idle - the mirrors and turn signals get into the resonant frequency of the motor and just go nuts. The thing looks like it will fly apart. The EX is sewing machine smooth by comparison.

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
On the subject of Viabration, not necessarilly the cause of his problem though. Ex's have a nasty habit of destroying the left front motor mount. when this happens (anything over 5 years old has bad a mount) the engine is not as well controled in side to side movment and will vibrate more. Well it dosn't really viabrate more it just shakes the bike more.

FOG

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
FOG said:
Ex's have a nasty habit of destroying the left front motor mount.
Are we talking of the motormount on the frame or on the engine itself ? (got to check my 1990)

And to ensure you don't lose your license plate, use zip-ties ;)

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
Frog said:
FOG said:
Ex's have a nasty habit of destroying the left front motor mount.
Are we talking of the motormount on the frame or on the engine itself ? (got to check my 1990)

And to ensure you don't lose your license plate, use zip-ties ;)
The rubber part between the frame and the engine "IS" the motormount.

FOG

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

Then I guess I can tolerate that, they're all chewed up by now on mine and I ride 100 miles daily for my commute. Gel grips and gel soles and I don't feel the buzzyness at all..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts