Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 EX500R
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search. I didn't find anything. So now I post.

Does anyone have or know of someone that has a custom made bracket that attach to the handle bar mounts on my 01. I've never designed or fabbed before so I'll measure and picasso it if I have too. But I was checking to see if anyone had a design I couldn't steal/**** I'll pay for it lol.

Mounts at these 4 hex bolts for reference.
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting

I vaguely stenciled something like this with paper. For a better idea.
Font Drawing Circle Artwork Pattern

For anyone asking why. It's cause I got the bike with the front fairings missing and the front cage was re-fabbed and a hot damn mess.
So the headlight got replaced but the OE Gauge is too large and unslightly to relocate. So it's getting replaced.
Need the bracket to mount the new one.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
hi, yeah pretty much the same as I made for the cruiser but to take a set of Honda clocks (got a picture somewhere) on the old spare hard drive I'll try to find it. of course the dash lights were on the clocks so a lot simpler.
from memory it's easier to remove the four bolts and place the bracket under the bar risers. make a carboard template first. and is much sturdier if you drill out the plate so it fits over the fork ends, BTW I made mine out of alloy checker plate, far easier to work with than steel.

Reactions: LegahC

·
Registered
2001 EX500R
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, yeah pretty much the same as I made for the cruiser but to take a set of Honda clocks (got a picture somewhere) on the old spare hard drive I'll try to find it. of course the dash lights were on the clocks so a lot simpler.
from memory it's easier to remove the four bolts and place the bracket under the bar risers. make a carboard template first. and is much sturdier if you drill out the plate so it fits over the forks, BTW I made mine out of alloy checker plate, far easier to work with than steel.
So you mounted yours under the handles? How thick did you go? And yeah between price, size look I went with an LED clock that had a mechanical input. But I'll have to wire blinkers for the signals, HB, Neutral and Oil which I forgot in the picture. I ordered blinkers already. Got my solder kit ready haha.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
yes. mark a rough shape from thin stiff cardboard remove bolts from risers mark where the fork ends go cut out 38mm holes to clear the forks, put the risers back trapping the cardboard draw round the risers.
mark bolt holes then draw round the ign switch to clear, make the bracket what shape you like to fit the clock and lights where you want them.
cut them all out of the cardboard until your happy with the shape then transfer the template to your bracket material and cut it all out to fit, smooth the edges and put a bend in it to raise the clock slightly. fit and use. the plate I used was 3mm (0.060 in) checker plate (nice pattern) but you can use plain plate if you want 3mm is thin enough to work with can be bent to shape but stiff enough not to vibrate too much and the original bolts for the risers can be reused if you make the bracket with thicker stuff you may have to use longer bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts