Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what is the top speed of a stock '95 Ninja EX-500? What is the horsepower rating? Thanks, Joe

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Around 50 hp
Best 1/4-mile acceleration:* 12.98 sec., 99.0 mph
Measured top speed:* 118 mph

*Performance figures courtesy Motorcyclist Magazine

Nice bike, next time tho, take a pic in full gear so ppl wont get the baching opportunity ;)

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Both your Speedo and your dyno are nuts.

FOG

·
Registered
530 Posts
shorty4444 said:
my speed-o say like 140, but on the dyno it registered at like 127mph.
Just 'cuz the speedometer sez it'll go that fast doesn't mean it will. My speedometer will read up to 140 as well, but I can tell she won't get there. Also, the odds are the speedometer will read a bit generous as well. I've had mine up to 120 according to the speedometer, but later found that it's off by around 10%.

Later, my GPS gave me a top speed of 107. I think she had a bit more, but I didn't.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Besides being inaccurate, on a Dyno there is the missing factor of wind resistance, Not a small thing.

FOG

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
kinda why i like my Gtech-Pro g-force meter over a Dyno as weight and drag are factored in.

Dynos are nice for engine tunning though.

Cycle Mag got 124mph out of a 1st gen EX as seen here:

http://mfes.com/wade/ex500cycle.html

T

·
0 Posts
I've had 130mph out of mine down a long gradual hill at night.

The speedo does lie though, I suspect the real top speed was around 120mph. The faster you go the more inaccurate it gets.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rotaryrem: Thanks for the information. I greatly apprciate it.

Titanknock: I'll make sure that I dress in full gear the next time someone takes a picture of me sitting on my bike in my driveway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts