Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2 ninja 500ex motors that I'm going to part out my engine in my bike is not putting enough pressure out the oill pump so I need to sell my hoard of parts to get the funds I've got ever part you can think of and more so please message me what you need prices will have shipping included

·
Registered
19,348 Posts
If you can remove your bad oil pump. You may find the fix may be as simple as a lost fiber distance piece gone. This is a weakness that happens .
This piece is a washer that can be replaced with a steel one fo free

Fog

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a friend gave me a extra motor im confident with just swapping the old pump with the extra I have or fixing it but I just dont want to mess something up but if anyone has a guide on the easiest way to do so would be great I know i split the cases but what's the best way to do so I took the sparke motor I got a few days ago apart cause it sat in a field and the pump is perfect but man are there so many small parts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fog your the man so to start off my big ordeal with my bike is after and oil change it would instantly turn into a dark color so when I removed the pan the POS before me used a spark plug insert that was about and inch or so long what idiots and different sized bolt which was ridiculously huge to fix them striiping the threads in the pan in the first place..anyway there was bunch of debris in the pan from previous oils andd wear from the motor so figured I'd take my motor apart and figure it out..took motor out, took off all the top bolts tipped the motor then the ones on the bottom (8)12mm and a few 8mms bolts and the chain cover (×2) 10mm and the (4) bolts 12mm in the oil pan anything connecting the 2 cases and then bam came right off ...this motors internals are in amazing condition took the pump out ithad a brand new washer already installed so shout out to the PO for something I reassembled it decided to look inside the sump filter there was pieces of glove and a bunch of rtv sealant chunks caught in the filter JESUS! resealed it correctly and is letting the rtv sealant dry...double checked all my work hoping it has no issues got the new pan and any parts I need in my hoard so thanks again !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
started it up took off the filter oil shot out oil light went off sounded the best it's ever had having a problem keeping it on but I'll figure it out eventually probably cause I dont have the plugs torqued and I need to get new plugs then bam oil light again so when I move the guages a lil (cause they're not mounted to the bike) it went off then I realized the wire to the guages was faulty would go of with any slight movement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts