Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking but haven't had any luck. I'm trying to find short stalks to replace the factory blinkers when I bolt up my new fairing. But as I understand it I need three wires to maintain the factory running lights.

Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If you didn't know, 3 wire = dual filament. Lockhart Philips has quite a few options, it's what most of the local shops carry. The above ones are nice, or you could even go with flush mounts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the clarification on single filament/dual filament and the previous link. That helps alot! Which flush mounts did you use, Nick?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I actually never used any with my fairing. The day I was going to put on the flushmounts I ended up just pulling the fairing and leaving it naked (actually, I added the plates and mounted the signals there, as barely seen in the pic in my sig (click to make it bigger)).

Try this:
http://s7d2.scene7.com/s7ondemand/brochure/flash_brochure.jsp?company=LockhartPhillipsUSA&sku=Lockhart Phillips eCatalog 2007_Lg&config=Lockhart Phillips eCatalog 2007_Lg&zoomwidth=912&zoomheight=570&vc=instanceName=LockhartPhillipseCatalogLg
Click that link. It should drop you on Lockhart Philips Catalog page 158-159. In case it doesn't, if all else fails just do a search for Flush Mount IV. They're big ovals, about 2" by 4".

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have flush mount LP signals in the front and back. The style I got didn't really fit where the stock ones were so I moved them down a bit. I'll post pics here tomorrow if you want them.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Stock fronts are 3 wire, rears are 2 wire. If you only had 2 wires up front then methinks you've got a loose wire somewhere (and it's a keyed hot).

EDIT: that sounds like I meant the wire just fell off. Actually, I would assume the PO replaced a couple of busted 3 wire stockers with some 2 wire heads and tucked the wires somewhere. I'm sure you can tell what you had, didn't want it to sound like I was calling you an idiot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Right, sorry, I remember now that my front signals were aftermarker when I changed them, not OEM. So, what does the three wire do? Now my fronts are just two wires.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
2 wires to activate them (1 each) and they share the same electrical ground :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts