Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my tubular bars tonight so that I could figure out how much longer my cables need to be. There is no way to do this particular setup without new cables and a brake hose. I tried rerouting the throttle cables, but it's just too much. Looks like I need 4" more for everything, if I keep the routing stock, which I plan to. Have not researched the hose yet, but the clutch cable is going to be $30. I figure the other cables will be about the same, so looking at $120 for cables. The mounts were $23 shipped and the bars were $24 shipped.

Mounts are off of a '70s Husqvarna off of Ebay. Bars are Bikemaster GP Touring bars which are 28" wide and have 4.2" of pullback and rise. They put me in an almost standard riding position. They are roughly 4" further back and almost 2" higher at the ends.

I wound up ordering custom cables from Motion-Pro, all 4" longer than stock, with a 45 degree elbow on the clutch instead of a 90.

If you save the following pictures to your hard drive, you can see the full-sized pictures, rather than the cropped ones shown.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I like them much :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts