Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just did my own fender eliminator and integrated my tail light. everything works great, but when i use brakes and turn signals at the same time, the turn signals blink very fast. is there a resistor i can buy to slow down the turn signals? without the brakes and just the signals, they blink normal. thanks!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
would you mind telling me how you integrated the turn signals with the tail light? I want to do this to mine. pictures would be helpful too.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually used you tube, look up ninja integrated signal. that video was very helpful. you have to buy an adapter that is found at any local automotive store. it is a tail light converter for a trailer, and was about 8 bucks. it took me one night to figure it all out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just got done doing mine. I bought an integrated tail light system from http://www.clearalternatives.com/. It supplied me with a tail light with LED board, wires for the blinkers, taillight and brake light harnesses and resisters. The resisters were made out of porcelain and were made very cheaply. I'm sure you can go to a Home Depot or a hardward store and find them. The ones i got were 20w. Let me know if you need pics of my wiring job.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
As already mentioned, the clear alternatives website is a good one. Lots of info and decent products, too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had the same thing with my home-grown integrator job. I was going to add a resistor until my wife told me that the fast signal as I braked for a turn really grabbed her attention when she was follwing me on her bike. So I left it alone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts