Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the beginning of the week my turn signals worked. then they dont by the end. i figure perfect time to integrate the the tail light. i love it, but my problem is that my fronts still dont work. if i plug them in then my tail wont work, but the fronts will. if i unplug them my tail light works perfect. I'm running a 2 wire up front, it's just a short stalk light, not led. if anyone has any ideas of what's going on it would be a help. if anyone has a wiring diagram, or has successfully used a two wire up front and can give a detailed description of how they wired them it would be appreciated. i would like to keep the integration and not lose it, as well as keep the front short stalk's. any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Bastard Child

It's an 01 just for reference

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
do you have a multimeter ?

You are probably connecting the blinker wire with the live wire instead of the ground..

I'll try to help once I have the manual in hand ;)

2 wires should work for blinkers but not running lights though (or the opposite but not both), that would be illegal and get many tickets over here..

you could try to plug different combinations of connections. check which color of wires are connected at the back, should be different left and right, just replicate in the front. If it doesn't work, try to invert the wires from the front blinker.

say for example (not the actual colors, I don't remember by heart)

back left is stock is : red/black and orange color wires and on the blinker you have have black and white wires dangling from them.

Then

Front left should be red/black = black and orange = white.

If that doesn't work, try red/black = white and orange = black.

Once you got left figured out, try the right side.

sorry, I don't have the wiring diagram with me :-\

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well don't i feel like a d*psh*t sometimes. I went out and looked at it again pulled out the old muti metter and tester and found my problem. i had the turn signal wires and the running light wires hooked up, and i had taped off the grounds. so i connected the correct wires

Left turn = green
Right turn = gray
Negatives = black/yellow stripe
Running lights = blue

hooked up the left and right and negatives, and then taped off my running lights. left the running light easy to get to though, might come in handy later for various accesories. another question i'm thinking of is are the 1157 led taillight bulbs that much brighter to make it worth spending the 16.00 buckaroos on or would i be better stay with the regular 1157, or another bulb as i'm open to suggestions. Thanks to frog, your description helped me realize what i did.

Bastard Child

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Glad to help :)

Dunno about the 1157 bulb :-X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts