Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My balding cousin who drives a minivan used this line on me at a family get-together said authoritatively,
"There are two kinds of motorcyclists: those who have crashed and those who are going to crash."

I'd had just enough wine, and replied,
"And there are two kinds of men: happy motorcyclists and those not brave enough."

·
Registered
192 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA.. both are very very true... all of us die in the end, i want to die after taking a few hard corners ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did you just reply with a statement about being manly while drinking wine?! :D ;)

PS i dont think its an insulting statement, its just so that every rider knows that we have all been there or will be there and not to get overconfident.

·
Registered
405 Posts
furyskater911 said:
HAHAHAHAHA.. both are very very true... all of us die in the end, i want to die after taking a few hard corners ;)
to true

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuperSanka said:
Did you just reply with a statement about being manly while drinking wine?! :D ;)
Everytime I drink wine, I think about my college days of me getting wasted on cheap wine, and then baking a cake. My room mates all too often came home to find me passed out on the floor with an empty bottle and a cake burning in the oven. ;D

And both statements are equally true :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
SuperSanka said:

PS i dont think its an insulting statement, its just so that every rider knows that we have all been there or will be there and not to get overconfident.
Real men drink wine...those that can afford more than $7.50 for a six pack of beer to share. And if you can't tell that it was an instigative statement then you don't have relatives...

P.S. I love how you zinged your cuz.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
furyskater911 said:
Sorry some of ya'll rednecks think PBR is the only acceptable way to get drunk. Vikings used to drink Mead (which is honeywine.) I've drunken enough wine to float a battleship in the last three years.

Motorcycles are the only sure-fire innoculaton against cancer we've got so far.
Would you rather spend your final two months struggling in a hospice ward, or your last two seconds thinking "Aw ****."

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
calamarichris said:
Sorry some of ya'll rednecks think PBR is the only acceptable way to get drunk.
Dang, I drink Pabst and I'm not a red-neck. It's just cheap and takes pretty good...this thread is making me feel really bad about myself.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Real men drink wine...those that can afford more than $7.50 for a six pack of beer to share.
[/quote]

Is your wife done posting on this thread? ;)

thats a joke!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
calamarichris said:
Would you rather spend your final two months struggling in a hospice ward, or your last two seconds thinking "Aw sh!t."
Death may indeed be more pleasant if it's a surprise! Flying planes I used to say that I couldn't see any other way to check out than in a fireball that leaves a decent crater. Even after losing my first boss and some acquaintances to crashes. Then I had a bad wreck and it didn't seem quite so funny after I lived. :p After all that I still need to scare the bejesus out of myself occasionally to keep proper perspective on things so I'm not completely reformed even if I can think of a lot of things that I could accomplish in those two last months.

Oh and real men eat quiche, get on the bottom and learn to like it and drink whatever the hell they want and don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks!

Unless it's wine coolers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How come all the hate for Pabst? PBR me ASAP!
Maybe its a Wisconsin thing, but cheap beer tastes better to me. Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's best, Pabst, Old Style, Natural Ice, Petosi,among many others, are a superior beverage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah they are true -- also remember, "Don't take life too seriously you'll never get out alive!"

But wine is manly who says its not?! Especially "Nightrain"...and especially while you're riding!
KIDDING

sorta ;D :p

Man I've got in so much trouble for jokes like that IM KIDDING GUYS DONT GET MAD

kthnxbye :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess after this weekend's experience I'm now a part of the group that have crashed. :-*

better to have it earlier so you know what to expect the next time you crash huh! ;D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rubix777 said:
I guess after this weekend's experience I'm now a part of the group that have crashed. :-*

better to have it earlier so you know what to expect the next time you crash huh! ;D
Sorry to hear it, but I drink a toast to your still having the fingers and lifeforce to report it here!

(It's tough to find good wine in Nebraska.)
You're not off the hook, of course. Just because you've crashed doesn't mean it won't happen again. My latest one was in September; a 40-mph low-side on new tires and a manhole-cover in an unfortunate spot in the street. Broke three ribs, lost about a square foot of skin and totalled the bike, but my dog was unhurt.

After more than a quarter-million miles, I've unfortunately been the latter kind of motorcyclist half a dozen times now.
-CCinC

·
Registered
308 Posts
calamarichris said:
My balding cousin who drives a minivan used this line on me at a family get-together said authoritatively,
[/b]"
its EXACT cases like this that reminds me of that saying on the army commercial (and im adding my own touch to this)

"somewhere some poor bastard is buying a minivan..."

i think every man needs some sort of adventure in his life...and i feel desperatley sorry for those who refuse to grab hold of some. And for those that dont ride, thats fine, but do SOMETHING!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do real men drink wine ??? yes !!!

Wine, women and motorcycles . ahhhh three things that make life more thrilling, just keep the wine away from the motorcycle riding, and keep the women close to the wine and the motorcycle ~!

I like a red merlot wine or a white Riesling myself. Two glasses, one bottle etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
SuperSanka said:
Real men drink wine...those that can afford more than $7.50 for a six pack of beer to share.
Is your wife done posting on this thread? ;)

thats a joke!!
[/quote]

You're a joke you clown...Julius Ceaser, Jesus and Attila the Hun werent drinking beers...
what's wrong you couldn't come up with something interesting to say so you said something
insulting, to stupid to make a valid point?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You think finding good wine is hard? Try finding a dry import cider! I don't think the US makes a dry cider, and finding an import one has proven to be difficult.

And to all you that trash talk: Try a dry cider and you'll change your mind. The 'merican ones are a little too much like apple juice for my taste. Oh, and if you still wanna talk smack about my cider habit I am allergic/intolerant to beer (barley, wheat, oats and rye, and redbridge tastes like **** so don't even go there) and female.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
there are two kinds of people: those who ride motorcycles, and those who wish they can ride motorcycles.

if you dont ride in the rain, then you dont ride.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts