Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under normal circumstances I simply ride with a tinted visor for much of the year. Essentially from the end of April or so to around now, it is light enough when I leave the house at 6:00 AM to do just that.

Sometime towards the end of last week I had to leave the house with a clear visor and pack my tinted visor along for the ride home.
Yeah, yeah I know all about the transitions visors available from Shoei and Bell. I even have one fit to my Bell.

Trouble is, my heed isn’t a Shoei one and my Bell is too heavy for everyday use. In fact I only wear it occasionally because of the neck pain it causes me AFTER the ride.

Needless to say, I have a “shield sack” that Motrax sold a decade or more ago to tote my XLite shields and Scorpion thoughtfully provided a shield bag with my EXO2K spare visor.

The point? Days are once again getting shorter and Winter will soon be upon us. Last week we were getting wonderful Autumnal temperatures…..this week, not so much. It appears Summer is once again determined to hang on long past it’s time to go date.

Yesterday and today were both over 100 degrees. It’s almost mid September fer crissakes. Summer should be cooling the hell off, but tomorrow is another 103 degree day.

Ready for the 8 or 9 days of Fall before the wet of Winter strikes. Yeesh, another year almost gone

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
The lure of SVS was too much, so I bought a helmet with the flip down "sunglasses." With a clear shield, it is eminently practical. Otherwise, it was hit up DW to make a shield pouch which allows one to 'wear' the shield under one arm wrapping around the rib cage with straps that run around the neck on the opposite side. Or one of the $20 eBay tail packs will hold a shield if it is facing rearward.

Automotive side-view mirror Hood Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lure of SVS was too much, so I bought a helmet with the flip down "sunglasses." With a clear shield, it is eminently practical.
I’ve checked out internal visor helmets….honestly I hate all the ones I’ve tried. Either the internal sunglasses are not dark enough or does not sit where I’m looking through them or both. The others, the sunglasses “actuator was so sloppy it literally felt like it would break on the 2nd or 3rd use in addition to one those issues.

No thanks. BTW, turned out it was 106 today….but tomorrow is forecast for 84 degrees, wind coming in off the ocean, overcast with rain in late evening into early morning Friday. Doing my rain dance before bed….shower…..and maybe before leaving work too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts