Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
ROFL, I am picturing it. That would suck. What are the chances though? Bird dropping are reeeally small.

R

·
0 Posts
damarble said:
ROFL, I am picturing it. That would suck. What are the chances though? Bird dropping are reeeally small.
Let me introduce you to Mr. Seagull and Mr. Pelican, half a quart at a time!!! Really the bigger problem down here is the bugs, we have really big bugs in SC... I got hit last night in the shoulder, it actually hurt, and that's wearing a textile jacket....

Rich

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Yeah, i've been shat upon before... but i wasn't moving when i happened. i actually stopped to feed the deer at the (motor)park ( :D ) and a bird decided to use my jacket as a target. needless to say, he got steel on steel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
this sounds funny, my car got sh!t streaked from front to back by birds while in motion, I was impressed. Those feathery bastids can unleash a significant amount of fecal matter.

That said, I have not personally been crapped upon while riding.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
madd-dogg11 said:
true. it splattered all over my helmet, my chest, my shoulder ,and the front of my bike .
I literally laughed out loud when I read that. That's absolutely terrible and hilarious at the same time.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i just thought that i would add, the only time ive ever been shat upon by a bird, i was about 13 or so, and was mowing the lawn.

however, one time i hit a humming bird with my car.... well it was either a humming bird, or the largest mosquito the united states has ever seen..

on the bike, i was riding home by a corn field. WINDY AS HELL. i was basically at a 45* angle... anyway, a corn cob came flying out of the field and it hit me square in the face. of course i had a helmet on. im sure a cob to the face at about 30 wouldnt feel too good :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
dragknee said:
on the bike, i was riding home by a corn field. WINDY AS HELL. i was basically at a 45* angle... anyway, a corn cob came flying out of the field and it hit me square in the face. of course i had a helmet on. im sure a cob to the face at about 30 wouldnt feel too good :)
Bahahahahahahah! Glad you had the helmet on!

dragknee said:
however, one time i hit a humming bird with my car.... well it was either a humming bird, or the largest mosquito the united states has ever seen..
I hit a bat once. I knew that one was a bat because when I got home I had to pull it out of the crevice between the bumper and the grill of my dad's pickup.

·
Registered
200 Posts
never been shat upon or hit a bird.. but did have a rock the size of your fist roughly deposit itself in my passenger seat on 695 round Baltimore one day..
good thing it was just me in the car

i was in the middle lane and saw it fly up from behind a truck and at 70 in 4 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic where do you go.. i heard the smack and thought it was flying over top of me.. but when i looked again it was right there riding shotgun with me

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Nick D said:
I hit a bat once. I knew that one was a bat because when I got home I had to pull it out of the crevice between the bumper and the grill of my dad's pickup.
i could not recover the body for evidence :(

dale earnhardt hit a seagull once at daytona going nearly 200mph. i remember them zooming in on it on TV. i wish i could find a video of that. it was like mid 90s. i wanna say 93 or something...

in 2003, two years after dale died, one of the drivers for his team, michael waltrip, hit a seagull while he was winding up for his qualifying lap for the busch race at daytona. he still managed to qualify seventh.

:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fabio got hit in the face by a seagull on a roller coaster. :D I laughed.

My mom hit an owl with her car, we found it and cared for it til the wildlife preserve people came.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts