Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering how much I should put my ninja ex500 up for sale. I put around $2000.00 into it. new paint, new meiors, fender elimatore, new grips, cams adjusted, valves adjested, oil change an filter, an a 6 tube led system that changes colors any color you want. any setting, an wireless remote.

I think I am going to sell soon.......If any one knows what I should take for it that would be great.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Oh you mean the pretty one that dosn't run?

FOG

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I am geting it back from the shop soon, like in a few days. It is all running now. JUst have to wait for 2 of the bolts on the valve cover, so it will not leak oil any more. I guess the bolts were split. so that is all I need. then it is ready to ride and or sell.

SO um what do you think it will sell for?

·
Registered
94 Posts
shorty4444 said:
I was woundering how much I should put my ninja ex500 up for sale. I put around $2000.00 into it. new paint, new meiors, fender elimatore, new grips, cams adjusted, valves adjested, oil change an filter, an a 6 tube led system that changes colors any color you want. any setting, an wireless remote.

I think I am going to sell soon.......If any one knows what I should take for it that would be great.
Hi Shorty, did you also change the gearing ?
Can you post some pictures of the bike ? along with year and mileage ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a 1989 ex500 GPZ With around 40,000mil on it. an it is the 1-gen as you can see now...lol. but ya I did not change any gearing.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ths GPZ part, does that mean you have 2 discs in front ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
40,000 miles.....2g's? u crazy? pfft thats all i gotta say. sorry but that bike is a little used.... :(

2g's gets u a 2000+ with under 10k miles pretty much everywhere. but if u can get someone to pay that more power to ya bro

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the $2000.00 is what I put into it. an now it only has 1 disk in the front. but ya still dont know if i should sell it. I love rideing but I need a car soon. it is hard. so hope that answer your question about the brakes.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
man if you need a car just ride the bike until you can save up 800 dollars, then buy the most busted honda you can lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would say keep it. You'd be lucky to get $1k imho. I know I probably wouldn't pay more than $500 for it. I got an 03 last summer with 1600miles for $2500. You'll be losing more money than is worth it to sell it. Keep it and save up for an older reliable car. Think toyota and honda. You should be able to get some late 80's early to mid 90's civics for cheap these days. Should be the same for corollas. Maybe even an older camry would suit you well. Keep the bike though. You'll want it. You'd lose more money than a car would cost you to sell it.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
shorty4444 said:

I hope you don't take this wrong but there is a spell check button on here ,and you may want to check your post with it before you post , I know my spelling and punctuation is not always great so that's why I use it also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts