Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I disassembled my forks a few days ago while waiting on fork seals, not paying super close attention to the order of parts because hey, I have a manual, and kawasaki is really good about diagraming everything.

Then I remembered these forks are not original to this bike due to an accident long ago... And I have looked at a lot of years and cant find these parts. Where do they go?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
hi' if there not original EX forks they may be different from the stock ones. But from the photo look very much like the washer and insert that goes in the wedge shaped ferule at the btm of the forks that hold the recoil spring in place held by a long allen bolt to lower fork leg. KAWASAKI Genuine Parts and Accessories shown in diagram box #44023.
would have been nice to have some sort of scale for them (like ruler along side) in the photo.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi' if there not original EX forks they may be different from the stock ones. But from the photo look very much like the washer and insert that goes in the wedge shaped ferule at the btm of the forks that hold the recoil spring in place held by a long allen bolt to lower fork leg. KAWASAKI Genuine Parts and Accessories shown in diagram box #44023.
would have been nice to have some sort of scale for them (like ruler along side) in the photo.
Thanks. I thought that depicted these parts. (Unidentified part behind assembly for scale)

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pics. So that ring with the cutout fits inside the odd piece perfectly but i dont remember it being together... Not that this means a lot but i feel like it was in the upper portion. The cap on the tip has a hole wgich aligns with the end of the assembly and im fairly sure it goes there. The small spring does not clear the odd shaped aluminum piece but it clears the cap at the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
there are some pieces I do not recognise being on the EX fork. perhaps some sort of emulator valve. have you any idea what the forks came from or got a picture of the whole fork for reference if we could identify the fork it may be easier to get a component blow up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are some pieces I do not recognise being on the EX fork. perhaps some sort of emulator valve. have you any idea what the forks came from or got a picture of the whole fork for reference if we could identify the fork it may be easier to get a component blow up.
They are ex500 forks they do have a drain screw. As to the mystery pieces all I can tell you is that she put progressive springs in the forks she got as replacements. Those pieces were in rough shape with lots of discoloration and the forks were garbage. I think im going to put them together according to factory specs and see how she goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
ok yeah I see those are gen 1 forks fitted with progressive springs (notice how the spring coils are closer at the btm) and also fitted with aftermarket anti dive valves of some sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts