Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike out of storage on Saturday, and washed it this afternoon because i like shiney things. I noticed down by the pegs that the paint was wearing off the side fairing, presumably from my boots rubbing against it. Is this normal, or should my ankles not be touching the fairing? I figure now is a good time to correct any bad habits.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hold off on calling you unusual but looking at my bike I can't imagine how your ankles touch any plastic...
where exactly is the rub, how tall are you and what's on your feet?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe something in storage was rubbing on it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
rubbing paint, hmm??? I don't get that close to mine. I would think see what your boots look like, if they are rubbing it there might be a sign of paint on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been raining all week, but I went out and checked on it again. It seems like my foot position is like that shown in Oreo's pic. The wear is about an inch above my ankles, right on the lower part of the black stripe on the fairing on my '06. It feels like a natural foot position for me. Like when I sit in chairs, my feet are underneath me and I'm on my toes/balls of my feet. I'll try moving my feet out on the pegs a little when I ride next and see how that looks.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts