Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts

Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Bearings-a-comin

38 balls accounted for, I got one on the loose. :surprise:

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts

Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Bearings-a-comin

38 balls accounted for, I got one on the loose. :surprise:
I trust you're tossing every one of them in the trash. You are going with tapered rollers, right?.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
^ I may go with tapered bearings next time. For the time being I'm going factory stock parts. Except for the actual bearing balls themselves (do to cost), I did a crunch test on one of the extras, and seem to be good.

Now nobody hate me because I'm stock pretty. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Well I got the races on.
Wow, that lower outer race on the stem is a hum-dinger. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
So is this normal? :surprise:

Kidding :grin2:

More on "normal" later. Different time, different thread.

I know you can't see it in the picture but I had to modify that lower inner race (bottom right in the pic) to be able to use it as a driver tool.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Finally got around to replacing the exhaust gasket that has been leaking for the last 2 years. Old gasket came out easier than I thought it would.

Picture of 1 out and 1 in.

It's hard to believe that all the crap at the top compacts neatly into the ring at the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
My winter project Ducati 800 bar raising project now complete. I let it sit over cold winter. Now tidied up some. Master reservoir has found a final home, comfort has now been achieved staying within sport/tour visual and feel. Thankfully, gone are the low clip-on induced achy wrists, neck and back. Accomplishing my goal is very fulfilling , this bike will now get RIDDEN :cool: instead of hidden :eek: (a criminal act of sorts). Just awaits delivery of new, shiny, black bar-ends.

800bar5.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Update:
One more item I replaced this winter were the spark plug caps. NGK aftermarket. Went ahead and replaced them because earlier in the year during a mid-year tune up I had trouble screwing the plug wire on one of the self tapping screws. It wasn't biting very well at all, and even when I got it on the wire could still pull off pretty easy.

Thanks to member @Saabnut for posting his 150k thread. It reminded me that I still needed to edit in on my 100k thread in the Southeast section.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
i'm a firm believer in these quality NGK cap/wire units. Now reside on both my Ducati's.

ngk1.jpg

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
@ducatiman, what brand of bar ends did you go with? I've been meaning to get a set for my Ducati for a while now.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
nothing exotic, ebay $11.99 cheapos
Black Handle Bar End Plug Grip End Cap For 22mm 7/8" Handle Bars Motorcycles ATV

barend1.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts
I will once I get home. I have some with the spot for the guards and some that are just plain. I'll snap pics of both. Had the first set on for about 2 weeks then decided oh guards would be cool.... And then 2 weeks later went and got rizoma ones with my bar and mirrors

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here are some quick pics. You can find out more on woodcraft's site too. One is the heavy the other is the one with the space for the guards.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts