Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Majority of folks replace rather than repair. I'd wager we "fixers" are a disappearing bunch.
Agreed.
Fixers, troubleshooters....diagnosticians all a disappearing bunch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We've got an iRobot vacuum cleaner. About a year old, beater bar motor is dead. Same thing, hard to source a replacement and even if you can it's expensive. Swapping a different motor in may not be worth it. It needs to fit into a certain space, integral with a housing/ belt setup. I'll probably give it a shot though. This stuff is manufactured and sold but not supported in any way.
Too bad! Reminds me of me trying to repair my pool cleaning robot. It cost a $1000 US and I used it maybe a year on my parents house and mine. Motor went out, took iapart the mysterious black box with all the "anti-tamper" leagalize and anti tamper torx screws only to find that I could not source the motor with out buying the entire piece of kit which cost $800 US. Moral of the Story? In my mind, you can't be a winner all the time, bear in mind I did research before I spent my 1000 dollar tax refund back in the day : ( PEaCe

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've had a parts washer setup awhile, now about 2 year old. Recently, the spray nozzle goes intermittent, pump making just a bit of a clicky noise. I don't need to tell you where the pump is made, do I? Got time today...disassembled pump, the little electrically driven plastic pump blade was hitting a close by opposing plastic housing, and I found a displaced oring on the outlet piping....some shimming of the blade, replaced the oring with an internal type seal ring....another Far East POS fixed rather than replaced. This scenario becoming all too frequent these days.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
@radiant.designer @ducatiman I didn't actually see any LED bulbs on that site, just replacement stalks. I'm keeping the stock signals, and just ordered my clear lenses and 3 wire signals for the rear. I'll be looking at LEDS today, though may not order today.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts