Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To whom it may concern:

In the references section of Valve Clearance adjustments the two video links are dead, is there an updated link somewhere?
Note I had to remove the ".' after www in order to even display the link in this message, it kept making the whole link disappear as soon as I posted it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The References

We are fortunate enough to have two outstanding tutorials online for how to adjust your valve clearances. Note the following document contains an error. The T mark, and not the F mark, should be visible in the crank shaft position window when adjusting the valves for cylinder #1. That is the elongated portion of the camshaft SHOULD be facing upward and SHOULD NOT be pressing on any valves being adjusted. Either case, do not obsess so much about the T and F mark - as long as the lobes are facing up, you are clear to check valve clearances. PDF tutorial from Oberlinja
And a 2-part video from LessDeth69
Part 1: http://www livevideo.com/video/lessdeth69/42D48DF30CFE4048B42B46EDAB9E646C/2007-06-17-valve-adjustment-on.aspx
Part 2: http://www livevideo.com/video/lessdeth69/C0843BAC8BAD41BCA858B86FB10113DC/2007-06-17-valve-adjustment-on.aspx

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video, no I was just merely pointing out that the links in the Wiki need an update or notify the admin or whoever that they are dead is all. I get most of it, just like visuals more than reading I guess. See it and do it type, most of the time. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
No problem. If you run into a speedbump while doing it we'll be glad to help you out. Make sure you have those o rings that go around the coolant tubes, don't pay attention to the timing marks, just point the cam lobes skyward, and make sure you remove the copper oil lines under the valve cover. Those parts aren't covered well in the wiki.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts