Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
6thou and 8thou cold. Should sound like a Singer Sewing Machine for the first couple of min's after start-up then go silent.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
yorkie-col said:
hi guy's, thanks for that, as helpful as ever, Jon I have that one in my watch list along with about 10 others of similar design, glad to know it will fit, lunty's right some ones hoarding all the 2nd gen ones,
ME, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I have 1 of each, ready for a project, ;)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
yorkie-col said:
jonh said:
But at the end of the day it will all have been worth it, ;)
hope so mate, I suppose changing all the working parts means when it's finished it will be as good as new with a well run in engine.
not doing any major mods, trying for the std look [with improvements] I don't think there is much left to get except for cables and the odd bit that's still missing.

want to do a project thread but don't know where to post it !! :eek:. lol.

once the engine is in it will have to stand a bit, "her indoors" wants the house decorating before Christmas.
should take a couple of weeks.

Oh believe me it will, these are a cracking little bike, ;)

Check out WEMOTO for the cable's, they do the "slinky glide", excellent bit of kit and personaly recommended.

LOL, I did it last year, week before Christmas I stripped and re-papered the kitchen.....and that was my idea, just to wind her up a bit,LOL.

Do a project thread on here, http://gpz-500.com/index.php, a few of us "northerners" on there, ;)

lunty74 said:
that ER500 CCT was a simple swap took 10 mins in all apart from taking the old one off the adjuster nut flew off and I thought it had snapped ... but there made that way :( and has made a difference already I don't hear the rattle for a start off and maybe its me but the engine runs better .. but im layed up with a thrown back atm so cant do much :(
What have you done,? and how,? Couldn't get out yesterday anyway, bloody work, then playing in the shed, ;D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
LOL, It was not my "off"" that stopped me riding...I'm fully over that....it was work.
Should have rung me, kettle is always on, :D The weather did get a little bad, ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.