Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
lol I hope this is right otherwise ill sound a complete smeg head yep col is right unless u got 65 quid for a new one.:( used is the only option ... now I tried a kle first most are only in us and shipping is expensive so I looked on ebay there was a er500 1999 cct for sale but wasn't sure so I looked at this bran new gen 2 cct on ebay £65 and there identical I bought mine for £18 ...................................................................... the black one is the second gen cct

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
lunty74 said:
lol I hope this is right otherwise ill sound a complete smeg head yep col is right unless u got 65 quid for a new one.:( used is the only option ... now I tried a kle first most are only in us and shipping is expensive so I looked on ebay there was a er500 1999 cct for sale but wasn't sure so I looked at this bran new gen 2 cct on ebay £65 and there identical I bought mine for £18 ...................................................................... the black one is the second gen cct
just checked my Haynes manual the ER500 CCT also fits the EX500D model so it will be 2nd gen

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yorkie-col said:
hi guys, couple of questions. what the best way of adjusting these, cold as per manual or according to the local bike shop hot, quote" do them hot if this causes a rattle when cold fine just ignore it".

also following on from Lunty74's post about CCT,s mine has a manual adjuster what the best method to use for adjustment engine running "by ear" or stood using a measured amount of chain deflection.
I know the 2nd gen stock is better but unless you have very deep pockets these seem as rare as hens teeth around here as most are 1st gen on sale, the manual one at least seems better than these,
any input welcome.
thanks in advance.
yorkie here is one I found cheap as chips and should fit your bike
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d25d4672e

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
oh yes when u do the adjustments pick were u are reading from to do it ... manual or the forum post with (pictures ) I got confused trying to use both :( the manual said use 3 feeler gauges , forum 2 , and how to check the points on the cam chain cogs I did use the forum for this because the manual lied to me so seen the pic on the wikki .. its when u have to use the markings on the flywheel and the cam sprockets... and if you are like me u got shovel size hands loosen and take off the bolts (whatever u do don't drop them down the gap of the cam chain ) holding the oil lines in makes it a bit easier

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yorkie I nearly had a rage fit trying to find a gpz gen 2 cct in the UK its like some one is hoarding them .. which is y I went with ER 500 they only started the model in 97 .. you defo need to find a scrap dealer or motorbike salvager when u get your bike on the road that way u can see the parts u want ... try hills salvage in skelmersdale they do er ex gpz and loads of other models ( they got no CCT,s on the webpage but if u phone and ask they can sort it :) I keep meaning to ride up there myself

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
she wont let u go now yorkie u spent money :{ and she has a taste for it ...... best thing you can do write ( 2 lists one of ASAP cant wait jobs and parts . and one of jobs that can wait a couple of months ) if u have the spare cash try to buy a part u need in the future .the very rare parts we just don't see ... I have a set of 2nd gen gears ,fork oil seals and crankcases I bought in January ... my list is short now fork spring ,fog bones ,fog rearsets , fog engine mounts , airbox rear brake shoes rear brake lever paint engine and frame

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
:) I stopped counting once I hit $500 but I have a folder with 38 invoices for parts since I purchased the bike last year ... but everyone thought id bought a new bike its the same bike its been luntified :) ...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
that ER500 CCT was a simple swap took 10 mins in all apart from taking the old one off the adjuster nut flew off and I thought it had snapped ... but there made that way :( and has made a difference already I don't hear the rattle for a start off and maybe its me but the engine runs better .. but im layed up with a thrown back atm so cant do much :(

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
jonh i thought i was pressing my luck getting u to ride out with me to blackpool after your fall of the zzr good job i didn't WOW got caught in blackpool with the most miserable weather iv seen and the local garage had no unleaded so had to ride the A roads back so i could fuel up , nearest place i found was preston :) .....and as i was riding home at double the speed limit my left mid panel tried to make for freedom off my bike luckily id used some string to tie it on in preston :p all in all a good shakedown

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.