Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
that ER500 CCT was a simple swap took 10 mins in all apart from taking the old one off the adjuster nut flew off and I thought it had snapped ... but there made that way :( and has made a difference already I don't hear the rattle for a start off and maybe its me but the engine runs better .. but im layed up with a thrown back atm so cant do much :(

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
glad it fitted and works ok, the one I bought [same one Jon recommended] has not arrived yet, maybe here in am. or wed, will fit when it arrives then the engine can go in before it gets too cold, to work in shed.
sorry to hear about the back trouble, I know it's a real pain[pardon the pun] cold weather is worse, I hate the winter lol. got a stock of pain killers ready. I will need them.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
yorkie-col said:
jonh said:
But at the end of the day it will all have been worth it, ;)
hope so mate, I suppose changing all the working parts means when it's finished it will be as good as new with a well run in engine.
not doing any major mods, trying for the std look [with improvements] I don't think there is much left to get except for cables and the odd bit that's still missing.

want to do a project thread but don't know where to post it !! :eek:. lol.

once the engine is in it will have to stand a bit, "her indoors" wants the house decorating before Christmas.
should take a couple of weeks.

Oh believe me it will, these are a cracking little bike, ;)

Check out WEMOTO for the cable's, they do the "slinky glide", excellent bit of kit and personaly recommended.

LOL, I did it last year, week before Christmas I stripped and re-papered the kitchen.....and that was my idea, just to wind her up a bit,LOL.

Do a project thread on here, http://gpz-500.com/index.php, a few of us "northerners" on there, ;)

lunty74 said:
that ER500 CCT was a simple swap took 10 mins in all apart from taking the old one off the adjuster nut flew off and I thought it had snapped ... but there made that way :( and has made a difference already I don't hear the rattle for a start off and maybe its me but the engine runs better .. but im layed up with a thrown back atm so cant do much :(
What have you done,? and how,? Couldn't get out yesterday anyway, bloody work, then playing in the shed, ;D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
jonh i thought i was pressing my luck getting u to ride out with me to blackpool after your fall of the zzr good job i didn't WOW got caught in blackpool with the most miserable weather iv seen and the local garage had no unleaded so had to ride the A roads back so i could fuel up , nearest place i found was preston :) .....and as i was riding home at double the speed limit my left mid panel tried to make for freedom off my bike luckily id used some string to tie it on in preston :p all in all a good shakedown

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
LOL, It was not my "off"" that stopped me riding...I'm fully over that....it was work.
Should have rung me, kettle is always on, :D The weather did get a little bad, ;)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hi guys, got the CCT this morning, and fitted it. must say I am impressed. I understand now why Fog and co recommend them very positive location onto the chain, and just the right amount of tension. it took longer to make the gasket than fit, that is once I realised one had release the spring via the end nut [donkey]

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Being a bit tired of all the valve train rattle, I think I will set lash with a dial indicator next time. Then, I will translate that to a feeler gauge reading (which will be less, as the feeler does not measure the depth of the concave surface atop the valve stem - where the adjustment screw wears a small divot into it. That always adds .001" or more to your adjustment.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts