Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 which originally came with all the CA emissions crap. I've since removed all that, but that left a hole in the bottom of my gas tank where it would vent into the emissions filter thing. I attached a hose to the vent nipple and kinda wedged it in between the front sub frame and fairing so that the end was facing up an high enough so no gas would leak. I haven't had a problem with this fix and have been riding around with it like this for about a year. But now that I'm doing some sumer maintenance I'd like to find a more "professional" solution. Is there someway that I can vent the gas tank cap so that I can cap off all the nipples on the bottom of the tank? Well obviously except the ones that are connected to the petcock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. I was wondering though what the difference was between the CA and non-CA gas caps? Specificly.

Could I just pull out some seal or drill a small hole somewhere to make a CA gas cap the same as a non-CA gas cap?

There's a used bike parts place near me that has some EX500 stuff. How would I know a non-CA gas cap if i saw one?

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts