Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have adopted VISTA throttle lock on my EX.

Has anyone done similar mod?
How does it perform?
How do you like it?
Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
FarFetched said:

How does it perform?
How do you like it?
Cheers!
do you have link to where you got the lock, part # etc? I have been looking for one to mod,
Looks good does it work well, i guess anything that can hold even for 10 mins is better than nothing.
Thanks

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Like I said above, It'll hold the throttle just fine, but the speed of the bike will vary so much you won't be able to use it anywhere but a deserted road. Even on the interstate traffic will drive you nuts.

FOG

S

·
0 Posts
Another thing to consider is getting a Throttle Meister, I've used them before and really appreciated it on the highway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOG said:
Like I said above, It'll hold the throttle just fine, but the speed of the bike will vary so much you won't be able to use it anywhere but a deserted road. Even on the interstate traffic will drive you nuts.

FOG
Not so negative my friend!
I've used it for almost 5000 miles and it helped me to relax my hands while riding. even in city at 30-40 MPH...
One problem I've had with throttle lock is slight binding with throttle collar, but proper adjustment will get rid of this little issue.
Also, it is a very good exercises for you thumb ;D
I am looking to adopt similar thing to SV1000S I've just gotten.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WPG said:
FarFetched said:

How does it perform?
How do you like it?
Cheers!
do you have link to where you got the lock, part # etc? I have been looking for one to mod,
Looks good does it work well, i guess anything that can hold even for 10 mins is better than nothing.
Thanks
http://store.azmusa.com/viscruisform.htmlCheck it out!
That is exactly where I've gotten it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
FarFetched said:
WPG said:
FarFetched said:

How does it perform?
How do you like it?
Cheers!
Thanks
Hey i looked at the URL and i saw it has a mounting tab, how did you mount that to your bars, do you have another picture of the back of how you mounted it. It looks great and sure beats paying 130 for thrust. If you dont mind helping me figure out how to mount it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WPG said:
FarFetched said:
WPG said:
FarFetched said:

How does it perform?
How do you like it?
Cheers!
Thanks
Hey i looked at the URL and i saw it has a mounting tab, how did you mount that to your bars, do you have another picture of the back of how you mounted it. It looks great and sure beats paying 130 for thrust. If you don't mind helping me figure out how to mount it.
Thanks again
Sorry, I don't have EX anymore, hence no pictures :mad: However, you have to remove throttle cables housing, fit the throttle lock, drill a hole, attach throttle lock with a small machine screw to the housing. Duringi installation you have to make sure that throttle lock is aligned with the throttle collar correctly, otherwise it will interfere with throttle operation. Also, you will have to modify the throttle collar to fit. There is a ridge on the end (closest to the throttle housing) you have shave it off and make sure it is perfectly smooth(polished). If that area is not smooth, throttle lock will not work properly.
It is not hard at all, a little ingenuity and patience will get the job done. At for the little tab on the bottom, shave it off you don't need to use it!
Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts