Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
programmable ,you say...THAT is pretty cool. But my fave is a simple LCD display voltmeter...lcd being "passive" display (eg-the ol' digital watches or a multimeter) versus an led which is harder to see in sunlight... and pretty cheap on ebay, etc too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes I know it's splitting hairs but a single LED either that changes colour or is blank seems better to recognise in the split second you have to look at it. a multi LED coloured or not is more time consuming if you get my drift, first you look at it see the lights then inevitably have to count how many are lit and what colour they are. this takes longer so you eyes are off the road longer @ 80mph that's a fair distance. and as we all know split seconds count, when out on the road.
THAT is an excellent point^^^ ....my LCD displays a number so I'm glancing at whether it's 14.whatever or something nasty like 12.whatever...a bit more brain involved than -"Yikes-a Light is on!" aka idiot light.

It might not be difficult to make a voltage sensitive Flashing superbright LED...and a zener diode or just diodes perhaps..to set voltage? they really are bright! I made a kickstand alarm for another bike because people tend to talk to me when I am stopped and I've forgotten to put the stand up a couple of times... and there's no way to miss it blinking )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts