Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to race a couple of races in the US this season if there is no conflict with my race rounds. Where is the best track to hook up with and what class can I run my EX in ?

The bike has CBR F3 wheels, frontend & brakes so I'm not sure if that is going to effect running in some of the classes.

I'm located near Toronto and currently run in the Canadian RACE Series.

Thanks
FD

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
The Hot bed of Ex500 racing in the norteast is in Loudon NH at New Hampshire Motor speedway. Go here :http://www.lrrsracing.com/
That is the offical website of the Motorcycle race group.
If you want to race other EXs you'll find almost 50 of them there. The best class for exs is Production twins. For twins of 500 cc or less. Production means Stock intake and exhaust.

FOG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow CCS class structure is stupid.
Why are all the superbike classes over production cc's.
Out here on the west coast the classes are 450, 600, 750, 1000 for 4's, and 250,500,650,750,1000 for twins.
Look at CCS' lightweight super bike, Twins up to 700cc, and 4's up to 565cc.
What is that about? I can't imagine overboring a FZR 400 165cc, and having it not blow up.

So it looks like the only class you can run in is Lightweight Sportsman.
I'm sorry you're so far away Freak Daddy.
Your bike would be right at home in the AFM's 500 Twins class where most people run lightly modified engines, and heavily modified frames, and suspension.

·
Registered
53 Posts
OK it took me awhile to find the RACE series.
http://www.shannonville.com/
It's pretty strict in it's production classes.
Stock foot pegs?
I like the 650 cup series.
I heard the AMA was looking into doing something like a 650 production class.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Did a little searching for those of us in Eastern Nebraska & Western Iowa.

This track is located a few miles south of Council Bluffs, Mid America Motorplex.
They have intro to track riding days sporadically through the spring & summer.

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/2006/rc_riders_club.asp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mick-e,

The 650 cup normally has like 40-50 bikes on the track at a time.
Racing is really tight, very competitive.
We also have the 650 cup running as part of the national Canadian Superbike series. It's a great stepping stone for the young guys before racing 600's.

Both series have lots of sponsorship support to help curb the costs.

I have two classes available to run with my EX, lightweight & middleweight sportsman.

FD

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mick - the LRRS rules are slightly different than CCS despite CCS being the sanctioning body.

Hey F.D.

Like Fog said, there's a very strong representation of EX500's at Loudon.

I run in the Production Twins class on a pretty stock EX asside from suspension work, which Fog already mentioned, but they don't allow your CBR bits... however unless you're taking championship points away from us locals, I doubt we'll protest.

Other classes you can legally run in w/ your setup are GTL (20 minute "endurance"), Lightweight Sportsman (LWSP) and Ultralight Superbike (ULSB).

If you're interested in any further info, feel free to post up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I really can't wait to seperate from the military and move back to New England somewhere. I look forward to doing some track days and the school up there and starting to race....should after those previous things I steel feel the urge. If only it wasn't so far away. Maybe I'll get lucky and end up stationed somewhere that every so often I can take a few days and hit up a track somewhere every few months. That's the one downside to being stationed in alaska.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts