Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to turn my 500R into a street fighter. I have bought the new speedometer, headlight, and mirrors. One thing I am trying to figure out is how to mount the mirrors onto the handlebar. The problem is that the handlebar does not have enough room for the mounting brackets that come with the new set of mirrors. There is a mounting screw hole on the left clutch lever assembly, but I cannot find any on the right side. Please see pictures.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Camera

Left side

Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle accessory

Right side

So far, I have thought of two options. One is to buy a switch control that has a mirror screw hole, the other one is to get a brake lever/fluid assembly that has a mirror screw hole, however, I have been searching for some time and could not find anything good/fit. Have anyone done this before and have a link to a product that will work?

I am open to other options that I haven't thought of as well. I do NOT like bar-end mirrors so that's not an option for me.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Imo Get some new perches 7/8ths that allow mirror threads or handle bar guards, probably from some dual sport model, make sure they have all the things you need on them. I got some "universal" perches for brake and clutch, but I went through several different ones, they break easy and sometimes dont fit to spec.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
the EX doesn't have a right side mirror mount but several other Kawasaki models do just scan E--bay listings for Kawasaki front brake master cylinder. here is one from a ER500. took one second to find.

Wood Hand tool Fashion accessory Metal Auto part

or you can pretty easily make your own bracket like this one I made for my cruiser.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the EX doesn't have a right side mirror mount but several other Kawasaki models do just scan E--bay listings for Kawasaki front brake master cylinder. here is one from a ER500. took one second to find.

View attachment 55044

or you can pretty easily make your own bracket like this one I made for my cruiser.

View attachment 55045
Thanks for you input. I just bought this one from Amazon. I hope it will work!
Font Cable Screenshot Circuit component Transparency

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
it should be if the bar diameter is the same. remember though it's a single lever like the gen 1 so a gen 2 double lever wont fit. single levers are fine of course. just if you break one you will have to replace it with a gen 1. type.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts