Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here's a suggestion I'll let you guys kick around. I saw it on another website I frequent, so it's not actually mine.

For all the EX's we see in our travels, many are clearly on this board or aware of it. If we were to create 'tag cards,' we could slip then onto the gas tank clip of some of the EX's we see parked, and invite them to join the board. If they're not interested, they don't come.

The card could be similar to the one shown below.

Maybe one of our more graphic design oriented members could create a simple JPEG, and anybody who wants to participate can print off a few cards themselves at home, or take the Jpeg to your local wal-mart to print wallet sized copies for a few cents?

And now the idea is out my hands! :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I like the concept very much, you have my vote :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah, that is a good idea. I could leave on the mystery ex rider I park beside at work but have never met.

You could use http://www.moo.com/ to easily create them and personalize a standard message. downside = cost $20 for a pack of 100 (which is way more EX's then anyone will probably ever see).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Do regular inkjet printers work with cardstock?

If so, a quick blurb, an outlined image or silhouette of a 500... some scissors... good to go!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Did anyone ever create an actual card? I think this is a wonderful idea, and I'm not too shabby with the Photoshop/Art skills. If people are truly interested, I'd be more than happy to knock something out.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Here is one that I knocked out in a half hour or so. I can do something more involved if this isn't sufficient. It's business card sized, and you can probably get several of them on a 4x6 print for like 25 cents at Walgreens or WalMart. Click the thumb to embiggen.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, somebody took the idea I ripped off and posted here, and finally did something with it! lol.

Once spring hits, I'll be making some of those, there are dozens of EX-500's in my area, and I know only a couple are on this board.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
What is this, correct everything I say day? ;)

You're right though (dammit!). Here's what it showed on my HD:

Guess Tinypic does some compression of their own.

In any case, we all have cards to use if we want them, and at a smaller size than expected! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts