Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
My post #18 is reference to measuring the volts AC while connected to the regulator and while the regulator is connected to the battery, I have reasons for all my posts. Consider the rotor magnets have failed, no matter what regulator you use, you will have limited power out. My test under load with the regulator wired you will need to bring out 3 AC wires for testing with your meter. I explained in post #18 , no need repeating it. I don't like replacing parts, UNLESS they are defective. I have tests to prove they are defective. Nothing worse than arriving on a job site and finding out the maintenance guy has tried using all the spare electrical components. So what is good and what is defective? First task is to get things running, you are referred to as the electrical expert, yup no pressure. Those spare parts may be worth over $5000, do you think there is any advantage to tell the person you were hired by that their maintenance guy is responsible for that damage. The answer is no, but you impress on the maintenace guy, next time he tries fixing before calling, expect a different outcome. Everyone is entitled to make mistakes.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts