Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home yesterday afternoon from San Diego after a week of meetings and, knowing that Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park was getting their new 07 6R in yesterday, I decided to stop by Chaparral in San Bernardino (since it was on my way) to see if they had gotten any in, and lo and behold, they did.

Black just like the one in this pic: (this is the one that went to Advanced Kawasaki): http://www.evilclubempire.com/tmp/minebig.jpg

She was nice n comfy for me to sit on. I didn't want to get off. But it's not quite my time yet, a few more months to go. Have to get the ring first too so I don't get in trouble. :)

It might still be there since they are asking $11,398 LOLz

R

·
0 Posts
I love that bike. Been questioning it as my next bike though, as I think the riding position will be too low for me. Most of my riding is longer distances, and I'm pretty sure my back would hate me after 2 hours on that.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
It is a nice looking bike for sure. Motorcyclist Magazine has it on dyno at 107 HP and did a ditty on the new CBR as well. pretty even matched up at the top, but they said it lacked a certain pesto somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
My 636 is a hot rod. :) I've seen claims from 108 to 111 at the rear but whatever it is, it's delivered seamless and a ton. And being stripped for track only, with fiberglass race body, absent all of the lights, passenger seat, tray, etc, it probably weighs in around 400# wet. A little lighter than the EX and twice the horses. :eek:

In the power band you have to be very smooth with second or it's up, while third, and even fourth has the front end just skipping along the pavement and going skyward with the slightest provocation. FUN ride! ;D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not a fan of the front end.

·
Registered
72 Posts
phobos512 said:
I was coming home yesterday afternoon from San Diego after a week of meetings and, knowing that Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park was getting their new 07 6R in yesterday, I decided to stop by Chaparral in San Bernardino (since it was on my way) to see if they had gotten any in, and lo and behold, they did.

Black just like the one in this pic: (this is the one that went to Advanced Kawasaki): http://www.evilclubempire.com/tmp/minebig.jpg

She was nice n comfy for me to sit on. I didn't want to get off. But it's not quite my time yet, a few more months to go. Have to get the ring first too so I don't get in trouble. :)

It might still be there since they are asking $11,398 LOLz
What I dont like is way too high rev limiter. Gotta keep it reved up to ride nicely. However to each his/her own. I personally don't like ZX6, zx10 is a sweeter looking ride.
Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The high rev limiter on the new bike allows for a healthy over-rev. It peaks at 12,500 rpm. It looks freakin hot in black too! ;)

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
What I dont like is way too high rev limiter. Gotta keep it reved up to ride nicely. However to each his/her own. I personally don't like ZX6, zx10 is a sweeter looking ride.
Cheers!
I ride my 15500 RPM limited bike around town at around 3k... rides just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts