Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hitting a little over 1k (1,228 to be exact :p) I can really tell the difference in my skills compared to my first ride (read crash). My lower fairing is almost skinned away on the edges, the portion that my exhaust runs across was melted a little now its been rubbed through on those spots. And today doing a little errand runs to pay some bills in T-town I found the need for toe sliders, and if I didn't have clown feet I probably would've been damn close to grinding pegs. Now I had read some posts by FOG about his race experiences and that he had never had to shift weight in turns (dragging knee) and I didn't think it would be this easy, not comparing my skills to his jsut saying i found it easier than I had expected. Even did a little riding with a squid, put aside my disdain for him and his pilion riding in tshirts and shorts, and had him guffawing in the parking lot after our little ride about how i had scraped the sides of my boots in the turns.

felt good trumping a GSX-R with my little half liter squid beater. :)

S

·
0 Posts
True words, I tried hanging off the 500 in some severe twists for a while. Just made me tired from all that useless moving around. I finished 2k earlier this year; every time I mount up I feel a little fear, I hope that feeling never goes away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts