Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many people on the forum talk about "carbs." I've heard of a carb. short for carburator but is carbs. just plural for caburator because the engine has 2 carburators right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
While we're on it ... what's a double barrel carb? I know I've had to tune one where there's a "low speed" and a "high speed" jet that can be adjusted. Does double barrel just refer to the number of jets/needles there are?

·
Registered
152 Posts
"Carbs" are also known as carbohydrates...carbohydrates are used to store and transport energy within the human body. Sugar is a type of carbohydrate.

just messin', thought I'd throw that in the thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
California Air Resources Board: A state agency whose mission is to promote and protect public health, welfare and ecological resources through the effective and efficient reduction of air pollutants while recognizing and considering the effects on the economy of the state.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Toyota engineers asked the same question when they entered NASCAR.

·
Registered
722 Posts
donkeyman said:
While we're on it ... what's a double barrel carb? I know I've had to tune one where there's a "low speed" and a "high speed" jet that can be adjusted. Does double barrel just refer to the number of jets/needles there are?
Double barrel refers to 2 pipes used for air inlet. On my Truck I have a 4bbl(barrel) carb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts