Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home from work last night and my cousin (also my roommate) told me to go check out his bike (Yamaha XS400S). Upon looking at his bike, I notice his highway bars are bent on the left side, mirror, blinker, headlight are cracked, bars are bent. I go back inside and ask what the hell happened. He was going up a local road and a 3" TREE FELL ON HIM!!! He is okay, his hip is bruised and he scratched his helmet a little.

When he was cruising up the hill at about 30mph the tree hit is head, then his arms and basically clotheslined him. Luckily our friend was driving in front of him and saw the whole thing in the rearview mirror. Oddly enough it wasn't windy at all, it was a bit rainy, but not enough to weigh down a 3" tree. Once he got back up and was surveying the damage it started a torrential downpour. So not only did he crash and bruise up his bike, he got soaking wet in the process. Here's a pic of the tree, his sunglasses are a marker so you can get an idea how big the tree was.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Tell him to buy a lottery ticket, he has more chances of hitting the jackpot than this happening. ;)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Wow,bad luck.Glad your pal is OK.I got stung by a bee once while riding;that was interesting.Didn't crash,glad I wasn't in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
holy sh!t! thats insane.

i remember camping in michigans UP once, we camped on this cliff overlooking lake superior, AWESOME VIEW, awesome camping spot...

this terrible wind storm came through, and this tree that was about 8 inches in diameter fell down, and landed on my buddies tent... i heard the sound and was like OMGWTFBBQ! i got out and saw it on his tent... my initial thought was "holy sh!t, he is dead!" but then i saw him crawl out... he was fine, but honest to god, the tree landed like 1 foot from his head.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
lol it doesnt really stand for anything. its just another three leter acronym :)

here i found this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ
1557 up, 115 down

A meaningless acronym which most often stands for "Oh My God What The **** Barbeque." It most likely originated on Something Awful (somethingawful.com). It can be interpreted simply as gibberish, or used when one wants to emphasize one's own incoherence, lack of understanding, or to mock others.

It usually has an air of mockery, specifically with regard to teenagers who a lot of use three-letter acronyms.

Example #1 (def: incoherence)

Computer Nerd #1: I mean, just because it's https doesn't mean it's fucking legit
Computer Nerd #2: Yeah, I'm sure those idiot script kiddies would love to get their hands on a secure server so they could grab some more AOL passwords before they hit up the child pr0n
Non Computer Nerd: OMGWTFBBQ please kill me

Example #2 (def: mockery)

Teenager #1: so i was all like, stacy, if u want a loser like steve for your boyfriend go ahead!!!!
Teenager #2: lol
Teenager #3: omg i can't believe u said that!!
Cynical Generation X-er: OMGWTFBBQ
by Funkdubious Jan 28, 2004 email it

OMG! WTF! BBQ!
2. OMGWTFBBQ
507 up, 87 down

A slight parody of the countless internet acronyms used today. Usually used sarcastically. It can be used at the same times one would use "OMGWTF" or something quite similar, though it is far more common for use with sarcasm.

a: Sheep are animals
b: OMGWTFBBQ I never knew that

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
LOL

Laugh Out Loud
Lots Of Laughs

Or...

Left Occipital Lobe
Lonely Old Looney
Left-Out Latino

invent something, somebody! ;D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Lean Off Larry

S

·
0 Posts
Two weeks ago a tractor-trailer was diverted by police around an incident near Johnson City TN. The truck clipped a pole, the pole fell, killing a motorcyclist riding behind the truck.

Lucky guy, your friend.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
dragknee said:
lol it doesnt really stand for anything. its just another three leter acronym :)

here i found this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ
1557 up, 115 down

A meaningless acronym which most often stands for "Oh My God What The frak Barbeque." It most likely originated on Something Awful (somethingawful.com). It can be interpreted simply as gibberish, or used when one wants to emphasize one's own incoherence, lack of understanding, or to mock others.

It usually has an air of mockery, specifically with regard to teenagers who a lot of use three-letter acronyms.

Example #1 (def: incoherence)

Computer Nerd #1: I mean, just because it's https doesn't mean it's [email protected]!#ing legit
Computer Nerd #2: Yeah, I'm sure those idiot script kiddies would love to get their hands on a secure server so they could grab some more AOL passwords before they hit up the child pr0n
Non Computer Nerd: OMGWTFBBQ please kill me

Example #2 (def: mockery)

Teenager #1: so i was all like, stacy, if u want a loser like steve for your boyfriend go ahead!!!!
Teenager #2: lol
Teenager #3: omg i can't believe u said that!!
Cynical Generation X-er: OMGWTFBBQ
by Funkdubious Jan 28, 2004 email it

OMG! WTF! BBQ!
2. OMGWTFBBQ
507 up, 87 down

A slight parody of the countless internet acronyms used today. Usually used sarcastically. It can be used at the same times one would use "OMGWTF" or something quite similar, though it is far more common for use with sarcasm.

a: Sheep are animals
b: OMGWTFBBQ I never knew that
Lmmfaobbq!

Thanks for that, it's hilarious!

a.lee.hagen said:
I got home from work last night and my cousin (also my roommate) told me to go check out his bike (Yamaha XS400S). Upon looking at his bike, I notice his highway bars are bent on the left side, mirror, blinker, headlight are cracked, bars are bent. I go back inside and ask what the **** happened. He was going up a local road and a 3" TREE FELL ON HIM!!! He is okay, his hip is bruised and he scratched his helmet a little.

When he was cruising up the hill at about 30mph the tree hit is head, then his arms and basically clotheslined him. Luckily our friend was driving in front of him and saw the whole thing in the rearview mirror. Oddly enough it wasn't windy at all, it was a bit rainy, but not enough to weigh down a 3" tree. Once he got back up and was surveying the damage it started a torrential downpour. So not only did he crash and bruise up his bike, he got soaking wet in the process. Here's a pic of the tree, his sunglasses are a marker so you can get an idea how big the tree was.
It's those dadgum beavers, I tell you - always trying to kill people when they get a chance.

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
In my post "safer Riding" in this forum, I kinda implied that we mostly create our own disasters that we call accidents. I failed to mention, except acts of God, like this one. About two years ago in my former Home of CT a friend was riding his Harley down a country lane on a beautifully sunny day, when a 5" limb of a tree falls on him and Kills him.
All you can say is "If God wants you dead"

FOG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts